COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Cooking chores completed :)
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1482579983.726007.jpg
Stilton filo pie done.

This evening we will go carol singing in the village square of the village where we used to live. (It's only 2 miles from here) The whole village turns out in silly jumpers and hats; it's led by the vicar and there's a brass band from a neighbouring village to accompany us. :)

On our return we'll have the pie with jacket potatoes and salad. Followed by ice cream and the port syrup left over from making the pie :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Happy Christmas Eve everyone!

I was up at Ben the Butcher's at 6.45am and have collected the meat.

The turkey has been stuffed with sausage meat stuffing in the cavity and sage & onion stuffing in the neck and is now stitched, trussed and in the fridge waiting to be cooked tomorrow.

The giblets are simmering in a pan on the hob making stock for tomorrow's gravy and I'm having a break for breakfast.

Next on the list our traditional (in this family) Christmas Eve dinner of Stilton, Port & Cranberry filo pie. (The port syrup that the cranberries have been cooked in makes a fab ice cream sauce for dessert!)
View attachment 195576
Really great.
Only problem is that we can't get cranberries here. :(
wifey usually uses redcurrants as an alternative, but not sure if it would work, here.
Might be worth a try.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Cooking chores completed :)
View attachment 195578
Stilton filo pie done.

This evening we will go carol singing in the village square of the village where we used to live. (It's only 2 miles from here) The whole village turns out in silly jumpers and hats; it's led by the vicar and there's a brass band from a neighbouring village to accompany us. :)

On our return we'll have the pie with jacket potatoes and salad. Followed by ice cream and the port syrup left over from making the pie :)
Happy Christmas Eve, Linda! :)
That looks ab fab
Sounds like a super evening.
Not sure it would be good to go carol singing here.
But we sing along at home.:)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
all done!! 20 minutes early shhh ;).

asda for milk and fido food, quick pint and taxi home then lunch with me mammy :)
Enjoy! :)
I've done most of what needs to be done, finished most of it this morning, but will have to go out again for another potato, apparently.
And I need a couple more stocking fillers for wifey and Tidgy and a present for my old friend Ilyas who arrived yesterday with pressies to go under the tree.
Mine's heavy, almost certainly a fossil as I've been teaching him palaeontology. :)

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Enjoy! :)
I've done most of what needs to be done, finished most of it this morning, but will have to go out again for another potato, apparently.
And I need a couple more stocking fillers for wifey and Tidgy and a present for my old friend Ilyas who arrived yesterday with pressies to go under the tree.
Mine's heavy, almost certainly a fossil as I've been teaching him palaeontology. :)

happy christmas eve!!! :)