COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Glad you slept well.
Oh my word, I just googled what time it was in Washington now. And it says it is 2am in the morning. Either you haven't gone to sleep yet or you are up really early. Either way that is way too early for me. It is currently 09:07am in Cape Town now. And even then it takes me a while to fully wake up.;)

Bambam1989

East Texas
Oh my word, I just googled what time it was in Washington now. And it says it is 2am in the morning. Either you haven't gone to sleep yet or you are up really early. Either way that is way too early for me. It is currently 09:07am in Cape Town now. And even then it takes me a while to fully wake up.;)
Haha Google was a little off, it is 11:11pm here.

Bambam1989

East Texas
And how is the weather on your side?
That does look like a nice day as long as you can keep the sand from your eyes.
It's completely the opposite here. Cold and even though the sky is clear, there is so much moisture in the air that frost is blooming on everything. It looks like it has snowed but it's the frost. I can take a picture in the morning for you to share[emoji6]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
That does look like a nice day as long as you can keep the sand from your eyes.
It's completely the opposite here. Cold and even though the sky is clear, there is so much moisture in the air that frost is blooming on everything. It looks like it has snowed but it's the frost. I can take a picture in the morning for you to share[emoji6]
That would be awesome. I can get to travel to Washington via your picture. It is quite nice being able to see other countries, even if it is only by sharing of pictures. p.s. send some of that frost our way, then it can melt and water the gardens and dampen the soil.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
It is Sunny, dry and Windy. Because we are on water restrictions, we are not allowed to water our gardens etc, so it makes it very sandy when the wind blows. Other than that it is a lovely day.

We can only dream of warmth right now. My part of England suffers badly with water shortages too - fortunately without sand.

We are already on a warning of drought measures imminently as we have had so little rain here.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
We can only dream of warmth right now. My part of England suffers badly with water shortages too - fortunately without sand.

We are already on a warning of drought measures imminently as we have had so little rain here.
Wow, I would never have thought that England would have that kind of problem. We are currently on a level 6 water restrictions. Which means that we are only allowed 87ltrs of water per person. No watering of gardens unless you have a borehole or a well point and if you do, you are only allowed to water on certain days. All and any water that I can save and put in the garden gets put in the garden. Although I have to be careful what I put in the garden as well, because the torts eat from it. I buy bottled water now to use for the tortoises water bowls and soaking tubs. Good Luck on your side I hope it gets better and you don't go on water restrictions.