COLD DARK ROOM

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
What mop is this ?!?! [emoji2]

It’s an O-Cedar. This was $40 at Lowe’s. It has a pedal for the wringer so your hands stay dry.
It’s also pretty light to carry with the water to the fill line. There’s tons of reviews on it on Amazon but I needed a real person like Yvonne to say they like it.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Aarhus is the second-largest city in Denmark, owing to its industrial post and a good university. It’s also a very green city (like all Danish cities), with a sprawling Botanical Garden in the center. The open-air Den Gamle By (“The Old Town”) museum showcases Danish homes and shops from the 18th to 20th century and is much favored by the royal family.
Here’s a replica of a book shop owned by H.C. Andersen’s family for a couple of generations:
View attachment 240900

In this 18th century pharmacy, an interactive avatar will ask you about your ailments and recommend treatment in accordance with medical practices of the time:
View attachment 240901

They also had a classic car show that weekend. The Crown Prince apparently visited in his automobile the day before we did.
View attachment 240902
I must admit that looking at the photos on the computer does them far more justice than the app does. But the app is so much easier to work with.:D

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
That’s tough, especially when it’s your cold season. Hope you can see a doc about this...
Thank you Lena. I am not as sore today. And I slept like a baby. But then that is what the sleeping tablets do for me, allow me to actually go into a deep sleep. When I don't take them then I feel like I am sleeping but at the same time am awake and feel every twinge and creak in my body during the night. The good news is, that other than just wanting to stay in bed, because it is cold (7c again this morning) I did not feel so sore. I also took some AC200 last night which has some paracetemol in it (still a painkiller but not as strong or addictive as the ones I normally take) and it helps with cold syptoms. It is a one day at a time and because I have you guys (who always are so good at lending an ear) I know it is do-able. I have also put wheatgrass juice on my daily list as this will help to detox my body from any of the medication lingering in my tissues etc. So offcially day one is done and not sure how many more to go.:D We will cross that bridge when we get there. Hopefully it is not as long as a bridge as the one you posted in your pics.:D:D

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
@yvonneG

Yvonne , I love my new mop!! I just used it!
Thank you for the recommendation!! It’s so easy to use too!!
What mops do you guys have. I bought one that you can put in the drum and spin it to get it nice and clean again and then you spin it again and it makes it dry. Sooooo much easier on the back, as you don't have to do any bending and wringing. Works like a dream.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Yeah, I know. He finally came and I gave him a mini tour of the Russians and where the Hermanni was living. I gave him Chris's care sheet and told him if he has ANY tortoise related questions please feel free to call me. After I put the tortoise in a box for him he said, "So this turtle doesn't like water?" Naturally, I told him the TORTOISE doesn't swim. He needs water to drink, but not water to swim in. Yipes!
It got worse :(

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
YES! (fist pump!!) And once you figure it out, you can wring it out a little or a lot, depending upon what you're looking to do. Best mop ever.
What is this wonder mop? I must have missed that! I wonder if you can get them here?

EDIT
I read on and found out

Last edited:

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Aw shoot, darn it!!!!! I love that show. Has it re-started the new season? How did I miss that. Darn it!
I think this is season 2 over here. I only just started watching it again. But not sure which season. You guys probably are way ahead of us. As we are always behind (except for "Game of thrones").

Last edited:

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hey everyone. Popping in to say hi!
I've been making Clunker an outdoor enclosure [emoji33] on my own!
Until now I've just been using some 4x4s and big pipes as a tort corral. But there has been a hawk hanging around and I'm afraid to get further than 10ft away from my tort.. it sits in a tree and looks right at him[emoji15]
I'll post a pic on Clunker's thread when it's done.
O I forgot to post Clunker's weight this weekend, I'll go do that now[emoji1]
I saw your thread. Clunker looks so good as always. Good Luck with the enclosure and it does sound like the hawk is eyeing Clunker out.!!:eek::eek:

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Thank you Lena. I am not as sore today. And I slept like a baby. But then that is what the sleeping tablets do for me, allow me to actually go into a deep sleep. When I don't take them then I feel like I am sleeping but at the same time am awake and feel every twinge and creak in my body during the night. The good news is, that other than just wanting to stay in bed, because it is cold (7c again this morning) I did not feel so sore. I also took some AC200 last night which has some paracetemol in it (still a painkiller but not as strong or addictive as the ones I normally take) and it helps with cold syptoms. It is a one day at a time and because I have you guys (who always are so good at lending an ear) I know it is do-able. I have also put wheatgrass juice on my daily list as this will help to detox my body from any of the medication lingering in my tissues etc. So offcially day one is done and not sure how many more to go.:D We will cross that bridge when we get there. Hopefully it is not as long as a bridge as the one you posted in your pics.:D:D
Good luck. It's a long journey and, with problems like ours, a journey we never complete problem.

I was laying in bed this morning aware of a new niggle in the joint of my big toe... Nk idea what I did there[emoji849][emoji1]

I was talking to my sister yesterday and saying that I have kind of resigned myself to never being completely pain free again. If it can be kept to discomfort rather than excruciating and I can sleep then I shall just have to put up

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Yeah, I know. He finally came and I gave him a mini tour of the Russians and where the Hermanni was living. I gave him Chris's care sheet and told him if he has ANY tortoise related questions please feel free to call me. After I put the tortoise in a box for him he said, "So this turtle doesn't like water?" Naturally, I told him the TORTOISE doesn't swim. He needs water to drink, but not water to swim in. Yipes!

Oh dear. I have a feeling you might get this “turtle” back in a couple of weeks once the boy’s desire for ownership is satisfied...

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Oh dear. I have a feeling you might get this “turtle” back in a couple of weeks once the boy’s desire for ownership is satisfied...
That would be the best outcome. I hope this is what happens

I fear she will hear no more and the poor animal will die in the not too near future :(