COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
That’s a beautiful story, Carol!
Was it the same troll who was too frustrated that TFO did not confirm his outdated, incorrect approach? How unfortunate for the torts. :(
Yip same one. Problem is that he manages to always get under peoples skin. I wish people like him would look at the bigger picture (Being their torts) and try and read up as much as they can and look at each and every story for the merit in those stories and then take away the infomation that seems to come up over and over again with great results. You don't have to be a biologist or vet to gain knowledge. All you have to do is watch and learn and do what seems to work over and over again. The other thing is that alot of people (especially the ones who fight about the new knowledge big time) do not realise that life is an evolution, and it changes, what matters is how you adapt to those changes and make them work for you and your animals making sure that you are being responsible and taking good care of your animals. I know that life is about survival, but why can it not be about thriving instead of only about survival.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I'm sorry. I just got cross with him and told him to grow up.

I have never done that on a forum before. I'm a moderator on my IT forum and would never dream of it. I ca!e pretty close the morning after the Brexit referendum which was a very unusualday of anarchy and misbehaviour there. I have felt pretty annoyed here on occasion, but have always tried to apply my calm and collected moderator head to my posts. Apart from telling him to grow up and the "Don't feed the troll meme", I wasn't that bad, but still nothing to be proud of.
LOL, you weren't that bad. You didn't swear or anything. I think that he is and was just one of those people who deliberately want to try and get under peoples skin and see what kind of reaction he gets. My Hubby is a scorpio and in my experience most scorpio's or at least the men scorpio's favorite past time is to push the buttons and sit back to see what kind of reastion they get. So I have relatively lots of experience with people like that. LOL My hubby is fortunate that I love him. Because sometimes I could quite easily bonk him on the head lots of times (accidentaly of course:rolleyes:) So don't feel bad, they do tend to get to the best of us sometimes. We are only human right.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I love baby coots. Their chicks are unexpectedly red over the head... they're ugly, but cute :D
I have actually never seen one, so those pictures were a treat. In fact all the post cards are a treat for me, I get to see wild life across the world and beaches, and churches, and lost giants. And I don't even have to pay for it, I just get to enjoy it all.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Do you hear them walk across your ceiling in the mornings?
We had crows in Turkey, always trying to make a nest behind the AC box. They made so much noise! Usually shooing them worked, but this year we moved away and on our visit last month I saw a huge nest behind the AC box. Guess they outlasted us after all. :D
LOL. Way to go Crows!!!:p:p

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good mornooning, roommates! In the afternoon we’re going to a storytelling event, a part of which will be making elderflower cordial. I didn’t know what it was even when I signed up, so this is what it is —

“Elderflower cordial is a soft drink made largely from a refined sugar and water solution and uses the flowers of the European elderberry, (Sambucus nigra L.). Historically the cordial has been popular in North Western Europe where it has a strong Victorian heritage. However, versions of an elderflower cordial recipe can be traced back to Roman times.”

I’ll let you know if I hear anything particularly interesting during the event (sparing the gossip, of course). :D
What, we want to hear the gossip. That's the best part.;)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I have actually never seen one, so those pictures were a treat. In fact all the post cards are a treat for me, I get to see wild life across the world and beaches, and churches, and lost giants. And I don't even have to pay for it, I just get to enjoy it all.
Coots are waterfowl like ducks. Their feet aren't webbed though. They have lobes on their toes instead.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Our garden is full of baby birds. Everything seems to have fledged in the last couple of days.

(Photos courtesy of the interweb)

We have loads of starlings which really can't fly straight. They're constantly hitting windows despite window stickers and closed curtains
images.jpeg

Great t-its
c268c02621ce5ffcfb1b8ea624c22dcc.jpg

Blue t-its (a better timed brood than ours)
img_5842sw.jpg

And a young Great Spotted Woodpecker
great-spotted-woodpecker-picoides-major-dendrocopos-major-male-feeds-EBRPJB.jpg

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Our garden is full of baby birds. Everything seems to have fledged in the last couple of days.

(Photos courtesy of the interweb)

We have loads of starlings which really can't fly straight. They're constantly hitting windows despite window stickers and closed curtains
View attachment 241168

Great t-its
View attachment 241169

Blue t-its (a better timed brood than ours)
View attachment 241170

And a young Great Spotted Woodpecker
View attachment 241171
You have such an awesome variety of birds in your garden. I take it that in the summer months you sit back with a nice cup of tea and watch the birds in the garden.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
You have such an awesome variety of birds in your garden. I take it that in the summer months you sit back with a nice cup of tea and watch the birds in the garden.
i sit back and watch year round. It's why I have the feeders (and dislike cats). We get all sorts of interesting things through and in winter, when food is scarce, the feeders are a big pull.