COLD DARK ROOM

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Even older than that. "When Johnny Comes Marching Home Again" was one.

I'll never smile again
Lili Marlene
You Made Me Love You

These songs are really old. But I know Lili Marlene, - of course.;)
Would you like me singing for you the song or are there too many painful memories when you hear it ?
But when you want to hear it: In German or in English ?:)

Bee62

Germany
Good morning CDR!
So I’m driving 6 hours on Friday to see my niece graduate from high school and my sister wants me to take her desert tortoise home.
I just don’t feel ready to add another and the following weekend I’m going out of town so I’m not sure I have enough time to put up a temporary pen for him.
I just don’t know what to do. I wish I would have known a couple of weeks ago so I could plan.
Why does your sister wants to give away her desert tortoise ?

Bee62

Germany

Bee62

Germany
View attachment 241119

I didn't realize how unhappy Lil Missy Kitty was with Sterling living in the house here. Now that Sterling is gone Missy is all over me. The picture is of her sitting next to me in my recliner, and she does this several times a day. She follows me around the house too.
What happend to Sterling ?

Bee62

Germany
LOL, you weren't that bad. You didn't swear or anything. I think that he is and was just one of those people who deliberately want to try and get under peoples skin and see what kind of reaction he gets. My Hubby is a scorpio and in my experience most scorpio's or at least the men scorpio's favorite past time is to push the buttons and sit back to see what kind of reastion they get. So I have relatively lots of experience with people like that. LOL My hubby is fortunate that I love him. Because sometimes I could quite easily bonk him on the head lots of times (accidentaly of course:rolleyes:) So don't feel bad, they do tend to get to the best of us sometimes. We are only human right.
Hi Carol, I am a scorpio too. They are very "hot blooded" and agressive when they are irritated. :eek:Right ?:D

Bee62

Germany
Sterling got very sick (Misty too) and had bad diarrhoea. Sadly she died very quickly. Misty, thankfully recovered.
Oh my God. That is so sad. The lovely Sterling died ? I`ve seen pictures of her and she was beautiful. RIP little Sterling. I am so sorry that she died.
And Misty ? It is very unnusual that cat and dog suffer the same diarrhea. It can`t be a virus. It sounds like something poisioning or bad food. Luckily Misty is still alive.
What has the VET said ?

Poor Yvonne. I can imagine what you have gone trough.
Let me give you a big, long electronic hug ! I know too well how much it hurts to lose a beloved pet.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
These songs are really old. But I know Lili Marlene, - of course.;)
Would you like me singing for you the song or are there too many painful memories when you hear it ?
But when you want to hear it: In German or in English ?:)
I think I remember hearing it sung by Greta Garbo in German. I have nothing but good memories of those times. . . not sad at all. I'd love for you to sing it for us in German!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh my God. That is so sad. The lovely Sterling died ? I`ve seen pictures of her and she was beautiful. RIP little Sterling. I am so sorry that she died.
And Misty ? It is very unnusual that cat and dog suffer the same diarrhea. It can`t be a virus. It sounds like something poisioning or bad food. Luckily Misty is still alive.
What has the VET said ?

Poor Yvonne. I can imagine what you have gone trough.
Let me give you a big, long electronic hug ! I know too well how much it hurts to lose a beloved pet.

Thank you. . . I'm not ready to talk about it yet.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I just found this little miracle in the garden
IMG_7790.jpg

In the middle of the periwinkle is a shoot of Sedum Spectabile. This is one of the plants that Joe ate to the ground 8 years ago... that I never forgave him for... and I had assumed had long since given up the ghost.

And here it is, fifteen months after his death, tentatively trying to grow again! He must have been grazing it to the ground every time it tried.

I just planted 3 new ones a few weeks ago in Joe’s memory, but this one has made me really happy. This is Joe’s sedum and it’s going to be nurtured :) :) :)

Last edited:

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
View attachment 241182

In the middle of the periwinkle is a shoot of Sedum Spectabile. This is one of the plants that Joe ate to the ground 8 years ago... that I never forgave him for... and I had assumed had long since given up the ghost.

And here it is, fifteen months after his death, tentatively trying to grow again! He must have been grazing it to the ground every time it tried.

I just planted 3 new ones a few weeks ago in Joe’s memory, but this one has made me really happy. This is Joe’s sedum and it’s going to be nurtured :) :) :)
That is SO COOL!!!!! :):<3::<3::<3:

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
View attachment 241182

Awww, so special!!

You could name him Lil Joe.

Last edited: