COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]HAHAHAHA!!!!!
Yes, maths was ALWAYS my worst subject in school! I never fully memorized my multiplication tables, and is still keep count with my fingers...[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji106]

Flash cards it is!!!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
  • Animals... FYI, my current household residents include eight cats, one bearded dragon, one Gulf Coast box turtle, and two hatchling three-striped mud turtles... one of which climbs SO much better than I ever imagined.
  • Travel-related or from your corner of the world... I like maps, local artwork, refrigerator magnets, tea towels, postcards, calendars. I'll send Bea a list of specific locations that tug at my heartstrings.
  • Accessories(?)... Scarves, slippers, gloves, socks...
  • Miniature gardening
  • Locally sourced stuff and items from craft fairs

Perfect. Just to recap: Travel-related miniature gardening items, preferably of animal origin from a craft fair. Now we’re waiting for Kathy.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
We also need Momof4 (Kathy’s) list!

This is super hard!! I don’t have many dislikes. I would love a cigar and scratchy socks!

1. I eat anything
2. I like things that I can keep forever
3. I like my coffee, wine, beer & vodka
4. Love my animals
5. I like things that smell good.

I don’t need beets, snakes or underwear![emoji23]

My favorite color is blue.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
This is super hard!! I don’t have many dislikes. I would love a cigar and scratchy socks!

1. I eat anything
2. I like things that I can keep forever
3. I like my coffee, wine, beer & vodka
4. Love my animals
5. I like things that smell good.

I don’t need beets, snakes or underwear![emoji23]

My favorite color is blue.

Excellent! Scratchy blue socks for the closet and an edible cigar that smells nice to be enjoyed across from the fireplace.
Shopping time, everyone! :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I was looking through the pictures saved on my computer for a picture of my old aviary to show Ed the plants I used to have inside it and I came across this picture my dad painted of my mom when they were sweethearts (before marriage). You can see the date of the picture in the lower right corner (I was born in 1938):

old pictures k.jpg

In later years, my dad was in business for himself as a commercial artist. He was very talented, however, other than a handful of drawings and paintings, he more or less left the artwork behind and stayed with the commercial part of it - layouts of designs etc.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I was looking through the pictures saved on my computer for a picture of my old aviary to show Ed the plants I used to have inside it and I came across this picture my dad painted of my mom when they were sweethearts (before marriage). You can see the date of the picture in the lower right corner (I was born in 1938):

View attachment 255077

In later years, my dad was in business for himself as a commercial artist. He was very talented, however, other than a handful of drawings and paintings, he more or less left the artwork behind and stayed with the commercial part of it - layouts of designs etc.
Your father certainly was talented! What a lovely picture! It is amazing :)

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA

View attachment 255077

Oh, MY!!! He REALLY was talented!
LOVE that!!! [emoji7]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My lord in heaven! I just looked at the clock and it's 9:05a! I'm usually outside feeding and cleaning up after tortoises by this time. I've really been dilly dallying here at the computer this a.m. Time to go!

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

View attachment 255077

I was going to say this looks like a painting from a magazine. I was thinking more of the 1950s though. Wow! That’s a treasure [emoji173]️

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
  • Animals... FYI, my current household residents include eight cats, one bearded dragon, one Gulf Coast box turtle, and two hatchling three-striped mud turtles... one of which climbs SO much better than I ever imagined.
  • Travel-related or from your corner of the world... I like maps, local artwork, refrigerator magnets, tea towels, postcards, calendars. I'll send Bea a list of specific locations that tug at my heartstrings.
  • Accessories(?)... Scarves, slippers, gloves, socks...
  • Miniature gardening
  • Locally sourced stuff and items from craft fairs
You don't need to send me likes and dislikes- Someone ELSE is sending a package to YOU. That's why we post on the open thread, so that we all know who we are sending the gifts TO, but NOT who is sending to US!

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Still more painting the exterior trim on our house, up at the roof level. Break time....looking at some old photos, deleting some old ones...and found this close up of Sully’s cute lil face..enjoying some hibiscus.

View attachment 255088
Caught in the act. Which, however, is not too hard with Sully. Yum-yum. :)
Hope you submit a picture to the Calendar contest, Mark!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

View attachment 255077

That is a really cool heirloom to have! What talent !

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

View attachment 255077

What a lovely picture. Your Mom was gorgeous.