COLD DARK ROOM

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
I am busy working on my calendars, and have decided that I am not going to do it again next year. As I am having to nag and nag for photo's from the family all the time. I should go on their Facebook pages and choose the most outlandish pics and use those ones for their calendars instead. Okay Rant over.
I hope everybody's Tuesday is going well. The sun is out again, we did have a little drizzle this morning, but other than that it is a beautiful day.

That’s a great idea!!
I know my family steals my FB pics!

I didn’t know you were on FB!

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Good morning all. It's very foggy here.

I have done the ironing already [emoji33][emoji72] There wasn't much and JoesDad needs one of the shirts tomorrow.

I am awaiting the delivery of my supermarket shop.

Then I must go over to my needy neighbour and sort out McAfee on her laptop. She is a nightmare. She used to rely on my next door neighbour who died last year and has switched to us. I do my best to be very busy so I don't get holed up there for Hours. Today I have an appointment that I must get to ... I'm going Christmas shopping, but decided that after she asked for help and as far as she's concerned I have a meeting at my governor school. If the worst comes to the worst, I'll say the laptop needs to come home with me so I can spend time on it. I'm too nice. I don't want to say no, just get out in under an hour.

Enjoy your shopping!!

I hope the computer help doesn’t take to long.
I’m sure you’re building some good Karma!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
LEAVES!!!!! the bane of my existence! I wonder if anyone every uses that word anymore. When I was growing up in the '40s and '50s my mom used to say it all the time, "You kids are the bane of my existence!" I never thought to wonder exactly what it meant. I'm going to go ask my friend, Google, to explain it for me.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Here's what Google says:

Something that is so disagreeable with your spirit that it feels like its existence might negate yours.

This goes further than "hate," and implies that you and the object in question are sworn enemies.

Can be used seriously or, more likely, exaggerated for comedic effect.
Wearing socks with sandals is the bane of my existence.

The iPhone's autocorrect is the bane of my existence.

Stephanie's hair is the bane of my existence. (Sorry, Stephanie, Google said it, not me)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Its going to be in the low 50s tonight.
Even though its 77 and sunny now?
I just bought in Julio and the baby. Luckily I was able to find the baby fast.
One thing though. When I bought Julio from the flea market 8 years ago, I named her Julio. To later decide it was a she.
Well as of this afternoon.....She's a HE.
God knows how I've managed to not know the sex of my own tortoise!
But Julio is indeed a boy.
Photos to come

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
One thing though. When I bought Julio from the flea market 8 years ago, I named her Julio. To later decide it was a she.
Photos to come
Hi Ed. That sounds chilly for Florida. And as for Julio... He has been good at hiding that from you! :D

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Photos to come

50’s - Ogh No! Hope you survive. :)

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings All

Cold up here in Maryland too coupled with quite breezy conditions. Tomorrow, sustained winds of 35-40 mph, then rain Friday and Saturday.

Been assisting “wifey” with her chip carving that she started when I pulled out my carving tools and wood late last week. She drew the pattern free hand onto a piece of wood I had laying around and started chipping out the pattern. Today I cut the cross out of the blank, and she stained it. We then worked on making the base from a piece of cedar tree.

Needs some waxing then a good hand polishing. Not too bad for a first wood working project.

BFE38BC1-B34E-4A03-8EF1-1CB9B0BECEF8.jpeg