COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Good job getting the paperwork sorted out!
Hope you enjoy your reunion. Did you go to university together?
Yes, we were all in the same college residence and all started there together. Well, all except Mandy who was a girlfriend from home who spent so much time at the university that she may as well have been studying with us. She and her other half married shortly after graduation and she's always included.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
@CarolM hope the osteopath goes OK tonight. I presume you are still finding it helpful. I must book myself a maintenance appointment. There's nothing wrong (that I am aware of), but I don't like to leave it longer than 3 months just in case!

You've had an amazing year... weaning yourself off cigarettes and painkillers and sleeping tablets... you deserve to celebrate the year end :)

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
@CarolM hope the osteopath goes OK tonight. I presume you are still finding it helpful. I must book myself a maintenance appointment. There's nothing wrong (that I am aware of), but I don't like to leave it longer than 3 months just in case!

You've had an amazing year... weaning yourself off cigarettes and painkillers and sleeping tablets... you deserve to celebrate the year end :)
Thank you Linda. The osteopath has more or less sorted out my back there are still a twinge or two, but he sorts that out with a re-adjustment every time I go there (every second week). But the problem that I went to see them for in the beginning which was that my neck was sore, has not been fixed and has steadily been getting worse. And part of the neck problem is that my right arm is quite painful especially if I move it in backward motions etc. I have a sneaky suspicion that a disc might have gone in my neck, because it is just not going away and it has been for 6 months now, the osteopath does not think so, but at the same time he cannot tell me what the problem is. But I will get an xray done in the new year to see if they can pick up anything. Until then the osteopath is helping to ease the stiffness. Although this week has been very painful and I have had to take pain killers. Anyway it is always a work in progress.

I am so glad that you only have to go every 3months for maintenance. Well done to you and your back.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I woke up far too early this morning but I was still in bed when you posted.

JoesDad got up at 05:45 this morning and I was already awake. (It’s now 06:30)

And here it’s just now 6:15.. I am on the treadmill while having coffee.. trying to undo some thanksgiving damage.. guess I was a little too thankful [emoji5]

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning ! I hope everyone enjoys their week ending. Linda & Carol, I hope you enjoy your nice night out and i will be anxious to read about them. I am working as usual today but do anticipate a very slow day. Boss and main employee are on vacation so today, I enjoy being the middle man :) I have a few personal errands to see to. I believe I’ll go ahead and send the TORTOISE package today... I’ve been watching it take up space for a while now. I think we’re close enough:).. read more later[emoji6]

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Thank you Linda. The osteopath has more or less sorted out my back there are still a twinge or two, but he sorts that out with a re-adjustment every time I go there (every second week). But the problem that I went to see them for in the beginning which was that my neck was sore, has not been fixed and has steadily been getting worse. And part of the neck problem is that my right arm is quite painful especially if I move it in backward motions etc. I have a sneaky suspicion that a disc might have gone in my neck, because it is just not going away and it has been for 6 months now, the osteopath does not think so, but at the same time he cannot tell me what the problem is. But I will get an xray done in the new year to see if they can pick up anything. Until then the osteopath is helping to ease the stiffness. Although this week has been very painful and I have had to take pain killers. Anyway it is always a work in progress.

I am so glad that you only have to go every 3months for maintenance. Well done to you and your back.
The arm thing makes it sound like a disk problem to me too :( I had to have a MRI scan before my disk problem was visible

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
I talk to myself all the time.. especially when I'm doing my art
That isn't a bad thing. There's something about having to articulate a thought, either verbally or in writing, that pulls the thought together in a way that makes sense. I'm only half way through my coffee this morning, so I hope I'M making sense...

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning ! I hope everyone enjoys their week ending. Linda & Carol, I hope you enjoy your nice night out and i will be anxious to read about them. I am working as usual today but do anticipate a very slow day. Boss and main employee are on vacation so today, I enjoy being the middle man :) I have a few personal errands to see to. I believe I’ll go ahead and send the TORTOISE package today... I’ve been watching it take up space for a while now. I think we’re close enough:).. read more later[emoji6]
I sent mine way early to try and make sure that it gets there on time.[emoji3] [emoji3]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
The arm thing makes it sound like a disk problem to me too :( I had to have a MRI scan before my disk problem was visible
I will probably have to have an MRI as well. But I have to go through the process first before I can get an MRI. And I have to wait until the medical aid kicks in again. Which is Jan 01.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
That isn't a bad thing. There's something about having to articulate a thought, either verbally or in writing, that pulls the thought together in a way that makes sense. I'm only half way through my coffee this morning, so I hope I'M making sense...
Complete sense.