COLD DARK ROOM

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
And, we’re in the weather record books.....

• An unprecedented series of drenching rain storms, culminating in this weekend’s soaking, has catapulted 2018 to the wettest year on record in Washington. This year’s rainfall tally shoves aside the previous top mark which stood for nearly 130 years.
  • The steady rain Friday night into Saturday morning elevated 2018’s total past the previous record of 61.33 inches set in 1889. The National Weather Service announced the record was surpassed at 6:26 a.m. Saturday. An additional inch or so of rain could fall through Sunday, pushing 2018 further ahead of historically wet years of the past. Weather records in Washington date back to 1871.
View attachment 259616

We love the rain here in Ca but that’s too much for anyone!
That’s why we only lived in Seattle for 6yrs and came back!

Our 1st year in Seattle it rain 100 days straight!! It was a shock! The first night it snowed and the store was out of food and water. We were in a hotel until our condo closed.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It was 35F degrees when I went out this a.m. to do my chores. There are orange groves to the east, south and north of me, so all I heard when I went out (besides the traffic from the street) was wind machines! Ah, the peace and quiet of rural living!
(My fingers are so cold I can't type!)

Tony the Tiger (feral male cat that decided to live here) still lives here. He has taken over one of the cat beds on a shelf right opposite my kitchen door. No matter what time of day or night I look out, he's in that bed. When does he "take care of business"? He's still mean as ever, and occasionally hisses at me, but so far no more bites or scratches.

Time for me to go get my firewood.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
We love the rain here in Ca but that’s too much for anyone!
That’s why we only lived in Seattle for 6yrs and came back!

Our 1st year in Seattle it rain 100 days straight!! It was a shock! The first night it snowed and the store was out of food and water. We were in a hotel until our condo closed.

Wow...100 straight? Incredible.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Tony the Tiger (feral male cat that decided to live here) still lives here. He has taken over one of the cat beds on a shelf right opposite my kitchen door. No matter what time of day or night I look out, he's in that bed. When does he "take care of business"? He's still mean as ever, and occasionally hisses at me, but so far no more bites or scratches.
Tony the Tiger probably takes care of business when you are sleeping, or have just come in for the night, or while you're waiting for the sun to come up. I wouldn't expect him to be late for breakfast, no matter what.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
All go so far. We are in a coffee shop in the outskirts of Banbury, near Oxford, waiting for daughter’s train to arrive.

Up in Buxton it is currently -1C... “feels like” -9C (15F)

We have all our winter woolies with us fortunately. After rummaging through the pile in corner 7, it appears the Wool Spider(if she exists) may have anticipated Son’s height.... actually over-estimated... does anyone have arms THAT long?!
Maybe there is something in the CDR that we are unaware of with really long arms[emoji33]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Did anyone else see what appears to be a new tab on the Forum? Or, has it been there and ive never noticed?

View attachment 259622
Nope. I have not noticed it before but then I don't always pay attention to the little things. And rarely venture outside the CDR.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
The guy I have come trim trees for me called me yesterday and said if I wanted some firewood he has some he'd like to get rid of. So this a.m., after I feed, clean up and water, I'm going to make a special trip into town and get some firewood! Yea!
That was kind of him.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
It was 35F degrees when I went out this a.m. to do my chores. There are orange groves to the east, south and north of me, so all I heard when I went out (besides the traffic from the street) was wind machines! Ah, the peace and quiet of rural living!
(My fingers are so cold I can't type!)

Time for me to go get my firewood.
Good luck with the firewood.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Here are some names that haven't been nominated to write a paragraph:

AZTortmom
Moozillion
Gillian M
Cowboy_Ken

There are a couple new folks, but I couldn't remember their names and I couldn't find them on here.
I was going to nominate @Moozillion but then wasn't sure if she would have the time due to her recent issues. Although I have always enjoyed her writing.