COLD DARK ROOM

Pastel Tortie

Location (City and/or State)
North Florida
Two things that bother me - A WHOLE LOT!!!!! - First one is when the contestants are looking at the board to choose a question, they always say, "Uh-h-h-h-h-h. . ." and then choose the question.
The "Uh-h-h-h-h-h..." is something that might be trained out of the contestants if they were more aware of it. Sure, it's a way to buy time, but it would still have to be replaced by another word or phrase to buy time... Something like "Let's see..." A second or two of silence would be perfectly fine before they answered, but most people feel they have to say something immediately when put on the spot.

Have you ever noticed how some people being interviewed always start their response to a question with something like "Thank you for asking that question..." or "I'm glad you asked that question..."? They're buying time to formulate a response that doesn't sound stupid. Starting a presentation with"Good morning!" sort of does the same thing, as does a receptionist answering the phone with "Good morning, (name of organization), this is (her name), how can I help you?"

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Does anyone here do Facebook? They've wrecked my home page. When I sign into facebook this is what I get:

View attachment 259932

Then if I click "next" it lists a whole lot of people's names that I may want to be friends with. If I click on "Newsfeed" I still get this same "welcome to facebook" page. Why do they have to mess with things? I guess I'm no longer a facebook person, because I don't want to have to mess around trying to figure out how to get my newsfeed back.
It happens to me occasionally and seems to fix itself. Fingers crossed

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good evenooning all. I am getting ready to depart for my meeting. An hour's drive on a soggy and dark night :(

I shall check in for the presents on my return :)
Hope your meeting is super short, Linda! It kinda snowed today here, after I've been telling daughter all about the Gulf Stream :rolleyes:

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hope your meeting is super short, Linda! It kinda snowed today here, after I've been telling daughter all about the Gulf Stream :rolleyes:
The thing to tell her is that the gulf stream is constantly shifting. It isn't static. If it moves slightly north or south the weather can change suddenly and radically. We're experts in it over here. Our weather is completely unpredictable over longer periods. Frequently they can't be accurate over more than a couple of days. Our weather presenters often put the gulf stream course on the weather maps to show why they're having to guess :D

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I watch Jeopardy too!! I get like 1-2 correct answers if I’m lucky!!
My sister husband gets almost all of them!
He has been trying to get on the show! He missed the last scheduled online test or something like that because of work but he’ll try again.