COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Does anyone here do Facebook? They've wrecked my home page. When I sign into facebook this is what I get:

facebook.jpg

Then if I click "next" it lists a whole lot of people's names that I may want to be friends with. If I click on "Newsfeed" I still get this same "welcome to facebook" page. Why do they have to mess with things? I guess I'm no longer a facebook person, because I don't want to have to mess around trying to figure out how to get my newsfeed back.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Kathy: It looks like your package is going around in circles! For cryin' out loud! How long does it take to get a package out of SoCal? Well, at least you know it's moving out of the "International" center and on to the next place. It still may arrive before Christmas.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Cool new hat was yesterday’s big purchase at the gift shop. As usual, all kinds of birding and wildlife books, clothing, trinkets and more.

This year, Ive paddled in Cambridge and Oxford and driven through Salisbury a few times. Never once had to board a plane!

View attachment 259927
Nice!!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I’ll be ready!!

I’m so sorry to my recipient!! I have a feeling it’s stuck in customs or a slow boat!

I did take pics of what I packed.

View attachment 259931
If it was me, we all knew it might be a problem. We saw how long it took for Lena's card to come through. Besides now we all can get excited again. [emoji23] [emoji23] When Heather and I receive our gifts and open them up. [emoji3]

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
I’ll be ready!!

I’m so sorry to my recipient!! I have a feeling it’s stuck in customs or a slow boat!

I did take pics of what I packed.

View attachment 259931

With international shipping, sometimes they don’t update very much in between. It’s probably left the country and traveling slowly towards its destination.

No need for pictures I think? It will be another party when Heather and Carol get to open their presents!

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Does anyone here do Facebook? They've wrecked my home page. When I sign into facebook this is what I get:

View attachment 259932

Then if I click "next" it lists a whole lot of people's names that I may want to be friends with. If I click on "Newsfeed" I still get this same "welcome to facebook" page. Why do they have to mess with things? I guess I'm no longer a facebook person, because I don't want to have to mess around trying to figure out how to get my newsfeed back.

I’m on Facebook every now and then. It’s slow for me sometimes, especially after the updates they make. My newsfeed is fine at the moment. But I know what you mean. It’s frustrating.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
I am a faithful Jeopardy watcher. Hardly ever miss a show. Two things that bother me - A WHOLE LOT!!!!! - First one is when the contestants are looking at the board to choose a question, they always say, "Uh-h-h-h-h-h. . ." and then choose the question. Second thing is at the intermission when Alex talks to each contestant he usually mentions something to get them to relate a story. 99% of the time the contestant begins his or her story with "so". . . So, my mom and I were watching Jeopardy. . .So I was on a round the world trip. . . So my teacher asked for volunteers. . . What's with SO? Can't people relate a story without beginning with 'so'?

So after I fed, watered and cleaned up after tortoises I took my wheelbarrow and rake down to the wood pile. I stacked all the firewood, then I raked up all the bark and junk and took it out to the manure pile. I worked so hard that I was able to take off my jacket, and by the time I got back into the house (with no fire in the wood stove), it was warm enough in there that I also had to take off my sweater! So now it's time to feed me and Misty and find a good story on my Kindle.
Quoting Yvonne's post from earlier to move it up in the thread, in case anyone hasn't seen it.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

View attachment 259932

Did you click “Home?”

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
With international shipping, sometimes they don’t update very much in between. It’s probably left the country and traveling slowly towards its destination.

No need for pictures I think? It will be another party when Heather and Carol get to open their presents!

I wasn’t going to show the contents. Only if the package never arrived or things missing from it from customs.
I read a lot about thefts while customs checks the contents.