COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hello CDRers.
I finally managed to log in - I tried on Sat but it kept telling me I had the wrong password, but no problem today.
I'm still at sisters house but will probably go home later today or tomorrow - she has such a lot on her plate at the moment I feel terrible adding to them, Her hubby is also due back off his ship tomorrow and while he is a lovely man the only shower I can get into is in their ensuite and I would just feel awkward. Plus I feel guilty asking them to keep their heating on for Lola. My sister gave me another pep talk last night about the tortoise and how I should be living my life - no point in arguing I don't expect her to understand.
Lola is surviving in very cramped conditions, which is OK as he isn't that active at this time of year - he is warm and eating, but I think I need to get him home.
Managed to get to my appointment and had new cast on, back again on Friday for some stitches to come out, then in another 2 weeks they'll xray and if they are happy I may be able to start to weight bear. You don't realise how something like this impacts on your life until it happens and I have had a few teary nights out of frustration more than anything, it's not in my nature to rely everyone. but I am grateful for everyone's help.
Hope everyone here is well, I'm just catching up on the weekend's posts.

Good to see you backon here....keep your spirits up...moving forward. Hope you can get settled in at home - you will probably feel much better “at home.”

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Well, I'm back, sort of. Can't talk much because of a brutally sore throat... :(

That used to be a sign that I partied too much... but then I got to party less n less ... and I quit smoking.... so now its just a sure sign that I need to go to the dang dr...[emoji20]. I’m sorry Lena and hope you feel better in record time!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Tunnels always have a light at the end of them. Don't worry you will see yours eventually. The waiting part is what gets you. Hang in there. Thinking of you and sending lots of healing vibes your way.
Thanks Carol.At least I have family around me to help, it must be dreadful for those alone - I suspect they would be stuck in hospital.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good to see you backon here....keep your spirits up...moving forward. Hope you can get settled in at home - you will probably feel much better “at home.”
Thanks Mark.
Yes I will feel better with all my own things around me, it will be harder though on my own for most of the day, but i'll see how it goes.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Hello CDRers.
I finally managed to log in - I tried on Sat but it kept telling me I had the wrong password, but no problem today.
I'm still at sisters house but will probably go home later today or tomorrow - she has such a lot on her plate at the moment I feel terrible adding to them, Her hubby is also due back off his ship tomorrow and while he is a lovely man the only shower I can get into is in their ensuite and I would just feel awkward. Plus I feel guilty asking them to keep their heating on for Lola. My sister gave me another pep talk last night about the tortoise and how I should be living my life - no point in arguing I don't expect her to understand.
Lola is surviving in very cramped conditions, which is OK as he isn't that active at this time of year - he is warm and eating, but I think I need to get him home.
Managed to get to my appointment and had new cast on, back again on Friday for some stitches to come out, then in another 2 weeks they'll xray and if they are happy I may be able to start to weight bear. You don't realise how something like this impacts on your life until it happens and I have had a few teary nights out of frustration more than anything, it's not in my nature to rely everyone. but I am grateful for everyone's help.

Oh Lyn, I hope for your sake that you do get to sleep in your own bed tonight... only if it is safe for you to do so though. I understand the awkwardness and frustrations of having to rely on someone else... just try not to rush too much and set yourself back even farther. I am sure your sister and hubby are glad to help you out even if she doesn’t understand your commitment to Lola... I never knew until last night that Lola only had 3 legs... (think I read that on another thread??) You two are survivors and hopefully the winds fall in your favor from now on! Hugs!!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Oh Lyn, I hope for your sake that you do get to sleep in your own bed tonight... only if it is safe for you to do so though. I understand the awkwardness and frustrations of having to rely on someone else... just try not to rush too much and set yourself back even farther. I am sure your sister and hubby are glad to help you out even if she doesn’t understand your commitment to Lola... I never knew until last night that Lola only had 3 legs... (think I read that on another thread??) You two are survivors and hopefully the winds fall in your favor from now on! Hugs!!!
Thanks Heather, yes Lola and I both have gammy legs at the moment. His is far more permanent than mine and he copes very well, although I must say he hasn't had to master a walking frame and crutches and, if he stumbles, doesn't have as far to fall as me.
He lost a foot somehow in his past - maybe born with it missing or was bitten by a dog or rat - I'll never know.
He has a stumpy short rear left leg but gets around OK.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Hello CDRers.

Good to read you friend [emoji173]️[emoji173]️
Grateful to hear you are recovering and Lola is well.
Sending prayers and good vibes your way [emoji851]

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hello CDRers.
This just makes me so sad. I'm sorry you and Lola are having to go through this. Being an independent woman myself, I totally understand how hard on you it must be to have to depend on others for your basic needs. I think I DO see a light at the end of the tunnel! Keep the faith.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Hello CDRers.

Oh Lyn, it is so difficult to lose one’s independence, albeit temporarily. Would healing vibes I’m sending your way do any good? [emoji173]️

Glad you made it to your appointment despite the weather.