COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Good mornooning, roommates! Happy Friday to all those who celebrate :D My own weekend ahead doesn't look horrible for a change: It's winter holiday! No school, courses, lessons for a week after today.

Winter holiday here is aka ski week. It's not easy to ski in Denmark (it's a flat country), but I hear many people are head over hills with ski resorts in Norway and Sweden. I guess we get a week off so that those people can travel to see some real snow.
Good Aftermorning Lena. A week off sounds awesome. Enjoy it.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning Lena. Good morning all!

As in Denmark, next week is a school holiday in most UK schools too. It’s “half term” - a week’s break mid way (ish) between Christmas and Easter.

I am feeling so much better. The cough is improving rapidly and so is the quality of my sleep. I think. I still have a lot of sleep to catch up on as I feel wiped out - I guess this is the remnants of the bug that has had me in its grips for the last 3 weeks.

Dinner out was at a French restaurant called Otto’s. It’s very traditional and doesn’t go for special Valentine’s menus or any nonsense so we could enjoy the food and wine :)

Daughter spent valentine’s night doing voluntary work - rescuing toads :D In the spring, toads return to the pond they hatched in to mate, but many are killed crossing roads. The weather is relatively mild at the moment and the toads have started to move.

At the worst places, volunteers stand by with buckets and grab them then take them over the road. At peak times there can be hundreds of toads in some places.
So glad you enjoyed your dinner out. And that you are feeling much better.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Morning all...a bit overcast this morning, and some wind at 15 mph. BUT, it’s going to be close to 60 F / 15C here today, sooooooo, I’m going to get out on the water closer inland, right near Annapolis. It’s more protected from southerly winds.
Time on the water always calming.....

Good to see more peeps posting. The crud is lifting for Linda and Lena...and Lyn is more settled. Big Ray types half speed. Lots of nasty weather out West USA, flooding n mudslides. Good for tort grass, not good for camping!

Snow in our immediate forecast for tomorrow - but just a dusting.

Just checked - no one moved my new log over night...

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Oh no!!! What happened Carol??
Someone has damaged my passenger side back bumper by the wheel and driven off without leaving details or letting me know. Just very angry at the moment. As I seem to be a magnet for people to damage my cars :mad:. I give up. I told hubby I don't want a car anymore. I will catch a bus and he can drop the kids off. He said no. :(

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Someone has damaged my passenger side back bumper by the wheel and driven off without leaving details or letting me know. Just very angry at the moment. As I seem to be a magnet for people to damage my cars :mad:. I give up. I told hubby I don't want a car anymore. I will catch a bus and he can drop the kids off. He said no. :(

Darn......i swear, it’s always something :-(

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
How annoying is that?! It happened to me a couple of years ago. I was so angry!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
:(

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
How annoying is that?! It happened to me a couple of years ago. I was so angry!
Fortunately my work has camera's. And we more or less know who it is. So hopefully I will not need to go through my insurance. My insurance does not like me, as I have had a few accidents before (all not my fault - from people driving into me) which was why I said I must be a magnet which just draws other cars into driving into my car. At least this time I was not in the car.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario

So sorry to hear. Don’t know why your car is — ahem — a hit with those people. :((

I really enjoy being able to walk everywhere.

IMG_0011.jpg