COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hello everyone, just got done with Opo's first of the year morning grazing on a empty stomach. Opo and I loved it.
Here is a question for you all.
If there are some turkey buzzards (I think 13)
circling above my head.
What does that mean?:(

Id say your wife needs to return back from her cruise. Did you leave your BBQ chicken outside on the grill?

...not completely sure what you mean “first of the year morning grazing on an empty stomach” ?

It’s mid February and whose stomach is empty? Urs? Opos?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Id say your wife needs to return back from her cruise. Did you leave your BBQ chicken outside on the grill?

...not completely sure what you mean “first of the year morning grazing on an empty stomach” ?

It’s mid February and whose stomach is empty? Urs? Opos?
Lol my mother in law and I ate all the chicken. ( how did you know?)
In the morning's it has been to cool for Opo to go outside first thing. Opo wouldn't wait till it was warm enough outside to eat. So he ate inside and when it warmed up. I took him out I wait until it is 65°. Both stomachs.
My mother in law is cooking lunch. Prawns that I bought yesterday on my way home from doctor. Not sure how she will cook them. She is from the Philippines but I know it will be good.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Cedar Log Update

Thought that I would add a quick picture or two of the log I picked up yesterday evening. Such rich color and grain - would be such a waste to have it cut up and dumped away by a road maintenance crew.

View attachment 265042
Nice Chunk of Cedar

View attachment 265043
That Color!
That last chunk looks like it would make a good table top.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Someone has damaged my passenger side back bumper by the wheel and driven off without leaving details or letting me know. Just very angry at the moment. As I seem to be a magnet for people to damage my cars :mad:. I give up. I told hubby I don't want a car anymore. I will catch a bus and he can drop the kids off. He said no. :(

That really sucks!! I would be mad too!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Someone has damaged my passenger side back bumper by the wheel and driven off without leaving details or letting me know. Just very angry at the moment. As I seem to be a magnet for people to damage my cars :mad:. I give up. I told hubby I don't want a car anymore. I will catch a bus and he can drop the kids off. He said no. :(
Aw geez! What a jerk.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hello everyone, just got done with Opo's first of the year morning grazing on a empty stomach. Opo and I loved it.
Here is a question for you all.
If there are some turkey buzzards (I think 13)
circling above my head.
What does that mean?:(
You look like road kill? time to go back to the beauty parlor and this time get more than the mani/pedi!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Cedar Log Update

Thought that I would add a quick picture or two of the log I picked up yesterday evening. Such rich color and grain - would be such a waste to have it cut up and dumped away by a road maintenance crew.

View attachment 265042
Nice Chunk of Cedar

View attachment 265043
That Color!
You and I are on the same wave length about scrap wood, only I want it for my wood burning stove, not to carve into beautiful things.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
You and I are on the same wave length about scrap wood, only I want it for my wood burning stove, not to carve into beautiful things.

Yeah. If it was any old “junk” tree I wouldnt care - we have tons of dead old wood. But nice old American Red Cedar just tossed and shredded is a real shame.

Going to cut this up into sections I hope for bowls or vases.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's raining and coming down at a pretty good clip. Right when I'm ready to go out and feed, water and care for the outside critters. Misty won't go out when it's raining. I wonder how come dogs can "hold it" for so long and people can't?

My daughter got me an umbrella hat last year, and it works real well, however, it won't stay on my head! I complained it was hard to hold the umbrella, the tortoise food, etc and still administer to the tortoises, so she got me the umbrella hat. I'm going to get it out and see if there's an adjustment to keep it on my head better.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It's raining and coming down at a pretty good clip. Right when I'm ready to go out and feed, water and care for the outside critters. Misty won't go out when it's raining. I wonder how come dogs can "hold it" for so long and people can't?

My daughter got me an umbrella hat last year, and it works real well, however, it won't stay on my head! I complained it was hard to hold the umbrella, the tortoise food, etc and still administer to the tortoises, so she got me the umbrella hat. I'm going to get it out and see if there's an adjustment to keep it on my head better.
My son taught me how to shape a cowboy hat for the same reason. When I lived in the wildlife sanctuary in southwest Florida,(between the wind, heavy rain, and a crazy donkey that would eat umbrellas) that hat was the only umbrella that worked.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
And yet I have not been able to find wondering jew here at all. :(
I wonder if I wrapped a cutting up in a moist paper towel and mailed it to you in a padded envelope if it would arrive alive enough to get started growing. Do you want to give it a try? We may have to wait until spring. I don't remember if I've seen any growing right now.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My son taught me how to shape a cowboy hat for the same reason. When I lived in the wildlife sanctuary in southwest Florida,(between the wind, heavy rain, and a crazy donkey that would eat umbrellas) that hat was the only umbrella that worked.
This umbrella hat is quite big. Big enough to keep my body dry. I'll see if I can get a selfie. . .

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!

You just need a proper Barbour Women’s Wax Coat... no umbrellas....

https://www.orvis.com/p/barbour-bedale-jacket/8977