COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Good morning all.

I think I need one of Carol’s summary posts to bring me up to speed on what has happened to whom since the new year. I am feeling very out of touch.

Today I will be getting my birthday present from JoesDad. We are going to Marlow in Buckinghamshire - on the River Thames to the West of London - where we will be having dinner at the Hand & Flowers, a pub run by chef Tom Kerridge who has 2 Michelin Stars. This isn’t your standard pub, or your posh and pretentious Michelin starred restaurant either, so it should be good. :)

JoesDad told me that he booked it nearly a year ago and has been quietly panicking through my chest infection that I wouldn’t be well enough to go. Thank goodness that I am.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Cedar Log Update

Thought that I would add a quick picture or two of the log I picked up yesterday evening. Such rich color and grain - would be such a waste to have it cut up and dumped away by a road maintenance crew.

View attachment 265042
Nice Chunk of Cedar

View attachment 265043
That Color!

It is beautiful. Turn it into a coffee table. This type of furniture/ home decor is huge in Denmark.

IMG_0015.jpg

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
Good morning all.

I think I need one of Carol’s summary posts to bring me up to speed on what has happened to whom since the new year. I am feeling very out of touch.

Today I will be getting my birthday present from JoesDad. We are going to Marlow in Buckinghamshire - on the River Thames to the West of London - where we will be having dinner at the Hand & Flowers, a pub run by chef Tom Kerridge who has 2 Michelin Stars. This isn’t your standard pub, or your posh and pretentious Michelin starred restaurant either, so it should be good. :)

JoesDad told me that he booked it nearly a year ago and has been quietly panicking through my chest infection that I wouldn’t be well enough to go. Thank goodness that I am.

I’m glad you are well enough to go! Looking forward to your report or even pictures if you can. :)

It’s restaurant week here starting today, and we’re going for lunch to our favorite New Nordic place in the neighborhood. It’s a three-course menu of only local and seasonal ingredients. I’ve loved everything I tasted in Moehr so far, so I’m looking forward to it.

I’d also love a quick summary post...

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning all.

That’s is so amazingly sweet. What foresight from Joesdad! Can’t wait to see pics. Enjoy!!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
It’s restaurant week here starting today, and we’re going for lunch to our favorite New Nordic place in the neighborhood. It’s a three-course menu of only local and seasonal ingredients. I’ve loved everything I tasted in Moehr so far, so I’m looking forward to it.

Ooh that sounds good!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Yeap... that will do it. I’m sorry that happened to you! Seems like people have no class now-a-days... [emoji35][emoji35] Someone hit my work truck a few months back and skipped out on me. I was luckily able to use a Glass Handler and pop the dent out... amazing, seeing as how the auto shop quoted me $700 for repairs... People are just shady!
I agree. The world has very few honest people nowadays.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Agreed, people are very shady. I got a side swipe in the parking lot at work and nothing left as far as a note [emoji849][emoji20]
Fortunately, it came out with a lot of buffing and elbow grease. New cars are expensive to repair
That is basically what happened to me. We know more or less who did thanks to the cameras at work, except yesterday at home time they were checking my car and were trying to convince me that it was not them. So it will be back to the cameras on Monday to prove or disprove their involvement.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Well, the wind didn't do any damage around the outside of the house except for a pot or two that tipped over and a couple chair cushions on the ground. I haven't gone out back yet to look at my neighbor's eucalyptus trees. Those branches are very brittle and break off easily. I'm almost afraid to look. The news last night showed lots of trees that had fallen into the roofs of houses around the city, or out into the streets and taking down power lines. They said the power outages numbered in the thousands.
Thank goodness you are okay and just a pot or two went. So sorry about those thousands who are without power. I hope they can get it all back up and running soon.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hello everyone, just got done with Opo's first of the year morning grazing on a empty stomach. Opo and I loved it.
Here is a question for you all.
If there are some turkey buzzards (I think 13)
circling above my head.
What does that mean?:(
It means that your horse with no name and you will need to lower your cowboy hats, take out your pistols and start defending yourselves. [emoji23]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Cedar Log Update

Thought that I would add a quick picture or two of the log I picked up yesterday evening. Such rich color and grain - would be such a waste to have it cut up and dumped away by a road maintenance crew.

View attachment 265042
Nice Chunk of Cedar

View attachment 265043
That Color!
That is gorgeous. It looks like the same wood in the pic I sent to you. And just about the right size too. [emoji6]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Lol my mother in law and I ate all the chicken. ( how did you know?)
In the morning's it has been to cool for Opo to go outside first thing. Opo wouldn't wait till it was warm enough outside to eat. So he ate inside and when it warmed up. I took him out I wait until it is 65°. Both stomachs.
My mother in law is cooking lunch. Prawns that I bought yesterday on my way home from doctor. Not sure how she will cook them. She is from the Philippines but I know it will be good.
Ooo, sounds yummy.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Some of my friends say before I pay to have the backyard fenced in for Opo.
I should go to Mexico first.
I guess fencing is cheaper there?????
Is that why someone wants them to fund a certain wall? Sorry, not sure if I am allowed to say that, but I could not resist.