COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
It's raining and coming down at a pretty good clip. Right when I'm ready to go out and feed, water and care for the outside critters. Misty won't go out when it's raining. I wonder how come dogs can "hold it" for so long and people can't?

My daughter got me an umbrella hat last year, and it works real well, however, it won't stay on my head! I complained it was hard to hold the umbrella, the tortoise food, etc and still administer to the tortoises, so she got me the umbrella hat. I'm going to get it out and see if there's an adjustment to keep it on my head better.
Tie it down with a ribbon.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
My son taught me how to shape a cowboy hat for the same reason. When I lived in the wildlife sanctuary in southwest Florida,(between the wind, heavy rain, and a crazy donkey that would eat umbrellas) that hat was the only umbrella that worked.
Sounds interesting. And lots of fun.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I wonder if I wrapped a cutting up in a moist paper towel and mailed it to you in a padded envelope if it would arrive alive enough to get started growing. Do you want to give it a try? We may have to wait until spring. I don't remember if I've seen any growing right now.
I would live to try. But I would feel terrible if you spent all that money only for it to arrive dead because of taking so long to arrive. I have found out that it is also called inchplant. So I will carry on looking. It is not a train smash if I don't get it. There are other plants that work as well.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I just have to share this. I help my younger 60 year old brother. He is a developmentally disabled, profoundly deaf individual that's enabled to be himself. He must have read somewhere that "real men wear pink". Or just being Joe. He now wears pink reading glasses. He carries a pink umbrella with aqua palm trees and carries his cartoon paintings in a pink canvas art bag. I want his glasses and that umbrella bad.
Whahaha. You are going to have to get your own.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I’m glad you are well enough to go! Looking forward to your report or even pictures if you can. :)

It’s restaurant week here starting today, and we’re going for lunch to our favorite New Nordic place in the neighborhood. It’s a three-course menu of only local and seasonal ingredients. I’ve loved everything I tasted in Moehr so far, so I’m looking forward to it.

I’d also love a quick summary post...

I’m envisioning lots of seafood - berries, herbs, wild caught salmon, mussels in garlic butter.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Cedar Tree Update

Ok, didnt get kayaking today, but I did get the large log sawed up into a few easier to work with pieces.

Big Log
View attachment 265059

Internal Look
View attachment 265060

Five Easy Pieces
View attachment 265061

The Internal Heartwood
View attachment 265062

Now i need a plan of attack. I must admit, cedar sawdust smells sooooooo nice.
I LLLOOOOOOVVE wood. I am so jealous right now. Although I would not be able to do it justice like you do. Can't wait to see what reveals itself in the wood and from your talent.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Joe certainly is really Joe. When he came out of his room this morning wearing his pink reading glasses I just about lost it. I did smile but I didn't roll on the floor. I think I might have already talked him into giving me his pink umbrella.lolololol
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Shame on you!!! Lol... you let him wear his pink with pride [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

My friend Jimmy lives in a nursing home. His mother is 82 and has dimentia. My mother moved her to her house last year so she could look after her. They have always been best friends. She is still able enough to go visit Jimmy every Tuesday and he really looks forward to it. That’s not going to last much longer though:-(. Jimmy does pretty good, his mind is just still very juvenile in a lot of ways. He can play the drums like no-ones business though. Our families are very musical
And we used to all get together and play music.. I miss those days:) Jimmy is still the life of the party but I love that you made me remember how it used to be:) I’m only 36 and Jimmy is 10 yrs older than me but it seems a lifetime ago..
What a beautiful story. Love it.