COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
That’s a massive road scheme going from 2 lanes to 6. No wonder you’re concerned!
And right now there is no speed limit sign posted, which means it's legal to drive the legal limit, which is 55mph. But no one drives that slow as there are no cops here to slow them down. I can't imagine how it's going to sound with 6 lanes of cars speeding back and forth all day and night.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Lol, Sometimes when I cannot see a picture in an original post it does show up in a post where someone else replied to it. And yes, you owe us a video so that we can hear that lovely accent of yours. :D In fact there we are waiting for the other members to share their voice accents for us too. I am keen to hear what everybody sounds like.
Well, you won't be hearing my voice. I don't have any devices that record sound.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
LOL. Last night I had a big cockroach in my room. So I just told Jarrod that if he did not want me to kill it then he better come and catch it. Which he did. Saved me the trouble of finding a shoe and trying to get the thing in the right position so that I could squash it.
Thankfully, I don't have them in the house, but outside is a whole other matter. My tortoise sheds are crawling with them. I've got shelves in all the sheds, and yesterday I bought roach poison to set on the shelves. Hopefully that will get the pesky critters under control. The package says they eat the bait then go someplace else to die. A pest control guy I know told me the kind of roaches I have outside rarely come into the house, thank goodness.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Happy Friday roommates [emoji851]
I caught some type of cold yuck!
I knew I was in trouble when I saw a small toddler coughing and sneezing next to me at the eye doctor’s Tuesday [emoji58]
Happy Friday View attachment 269035
Hi Noel
What did the doc have to say about your vision?
Hope your cold doesn't last too long.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There are some terrible examples of dead sea birds, dolphins, turtles, whales etc that have all died as a result of plastic.
In fact microplastics are turning up in the fish we eat now so it's even making its way into our food chains.
It's true - what goes around comes around!
To say nothing of the poor wildlife that gets caught in those plastic rings that hold six packs of soda together.

turtle with plastic ring.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We've had all sorts of precipitation in the last 24 hours - rain, sleet snow and hail . There was a thunderstorm yesterday afternoon but it is quite bright this morning.
I think there's more rain heading our way this afternoon. Welcome to Spring!!!!
I bet as soon as you ignore the egg it will hatch - a watched pot never boils!
How long has it been there?
Aren't you the one who said you were in a drought? Our drought was broken this winter too.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You just need to get you a big truck:) hopefully the sun will chase your dreams away and you’ll have a wonderful day!

I’m sure Dan’s hatching has got you all on eggshells!!! Don’t you have a datalogger that is contributing to their success? Or is that for someone else??
A big truck! Yes, of course. That's the answer!!!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
A lovely family picture. Your grandsons are handsome little chaps and Opo is obviously enjoying the attention.
He's bigger than I imagined and a great looking tort.
Thank you my grandsons are great. They move around so much I have to be careful not to back up into them with my chair. My neck is on a swivel. Lol
Opo will be 2 in June and weighs almost 7 lbs. I am hoping for close to 10 lbs by June.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I am keeping my head down. While I was out sorting out my hayfever meds, a parcel was delivered next door for us. My lovely neighbour brought it round and warned me that our neurotic neighbour (let’s call her NN) on the other side of the road is after me.

Apparently NN has problems with her computer and I was in and it all got very tearful and the lovely neighbour also had to listen to something about a broken fence and a leak and...

* Sigh *

I made the mistake of fixing NN’s computer once. She was very grateful and bought me wine as a thank you, but now she keeps coming round and, frankly, I am going to have to tell her to go to a computer shop with it. If there was a remote chance of popping in and out quickly to sort it out then I would be fine, but there isn’t... And you have to hear her entire life story every time!

Luckily, today I have crutches I can brandish and claim I am in too much discomfort to think about fixing computers.

I feel awful about talking about someone else like this. It sounds really unkind. And I suppose it is. But NN has stretched my patience too far. She has adult children living locally; they can help her find help!
I've seen way too many old people with this problem. I guess they're lonely. I've tried very hard to not become "that person." Consequently, I've gone the other way and am more of a recluse.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
And right now there is no speed limit sign posted, which means it's legal to drive the legal limit, which is 55mph. But no one drives that slow as there are no cops here to slow them down. I can't imagine how it's going to sound with 6 lanes of cars speeding back and forth all day and night.
Terrible. But it should end up being back round noise which you eventually don't hear.