COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
To say nothing of the poor wildlife that gets caught in those plastic rings that hold six packs of soda together.

View attachment 269036
That's to bad. Back when we opened a can of beer or soda and the pull tab came off.Someone out on their boat on lake Michigan thru one overboard. A small brown trout must of thought it was bait and it ended up around the fish. The fish grew like that tort. It's sad.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Happy Friday roommates [emoji851]
I caught some type of cold yuck!
I knew I was in trouble when I saw a small toddler coughing and sneezing next to me at the eye doctor’s Tuesday [emoji58]
Happy Friday View attachment 269035
Did you fall? If so I hope you are ok.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
And right now there is no speed limit sign posted, which means it's legal to drive the legal limit, which is 55mph. But no one drives that slow as there are no cops here to slow them down. I can't imagine how it's going to sound with 6 lanes of cars speeding back and forth all day and night.

Yikes!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Hi Noel
What did the doc have to say about your vision?
Hope your cold doesn't last too long.

He is giving it 2 more months to completely heal with eye exercises.
The muscles in my right eye have tightened up too much on the outside unexpectedly causing the eye to stay in place and not move to where it should. The hope is that the exercises will loosen those muscles. If not, he will go back in at the end of the two months and fix it. Oy vey!
I’m glad you’re getting better [emoji851][emoji847]

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
The muscles in my right eye have tightened up too much on the outside unexpectedly causing the eye to stay in place and not move to where it should. The hope is that the exercises will loosen those muscles. If not, he will go back in at the end of the two months and fix it. Oy vey!
Thanks Noel and I hope you make some progress too with the exercises, to save you going through another procedure.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
And right now there is no speed limit sign posted, which means it's legal to drive the legal limit, which is 55mph. But no one drives that slow as there are no cops here to slow them down. I can't imagine how it's going to sound with 6 lanes of cars speeding back and forth all day and night.
Heck - I think you'll notice a big difference!
Can you insist that they put a sound absorbing fence around your property on the grounds it will affect your quality of life?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Thank you my grandsons are great. They move around so much I have to be careful not to back up into them with my chair. My neck is on a swivel. Lol
Opo will be 2 in June and weighs almost 7 lbs. I am hoping for close to 10 lbs by June.
You need rear view and wing mirrors!!
The way Opo is tucking in to his food I'm sure he'll reach your target.:)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I am keeping my head down. While I was out sorting out my hayfever meds, a parcel was delivered next door for us. My lovely neighbour brought it round and warned me that our neurotic neighbour (let’s call her NN) on the other side of the road is after me.

Apparently NN has problems with her computer and I was in and it all got very tearful and the lovely neighbour also had to listen to something about a broken fence and a leak and...

* Sigh *

I made the mistake of fixing NN’s computer once. She was very grateful and bought me wine as a thank you, but now she keeps coming round and, frankly, I am going to have to tell her to go to a computer shop with it. If there was a remote chance of popping in and out quickly to sort it out then I would be fine, but there isn’t... And you have to hear her entire life story every time!

Luckily, today I have crutches I can brandish and claim I am in too much discomfort to think about fixing computers.

I feel awful about talking about someone else like this. It sounds really unkind. And I suppose it is. But NN has stretched my patience too far. She has adult children living locally; they can help her find help!
It's understandable.
Some people don't realise when they've outstayed their welcome and that other people have busy lives.
If she didn't have any family it would be different but her kids should help.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan

upload_2019-4-5_19-36-58.png