COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Good afternooning all. My leg continues to make progress, but I am not exactly back up to speed yet. I am having to force myself to behave :D

It’s grey and drizzling here. Damp and uninspiring.

There’s not much to report other than we shall be staying in and watching the Boat Race (annual rowing challenge between Oxford and Cambridge Universities on the River Thames) and the Grand National (probably the most famous UK horse race) on television.

Have a good Saturday everyone :)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning Linda - it's hard to sit still isn't it?
It's dry here with sunny spells today so I'll be going for a little walk, although my left knee is playing up again and clicking a lot - doesn't feel very stable at all, so I've got that strapped up. If it's not one thing it's another!:rolleyes:
I'd forgotten the boat race is on today, I'll be joining you watching that! Have a good day!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning all. !
Today is the day of the annual Crawfish boil and the weather looks ominous.... again[emoji35]. Every year, it’s difficult to pick a date that we can host the boil where hubby and closest friends are home at the same time. We are very limited.. and for the past 3 years, it rains!!! Oh well.... guess we will make the best of it... on another note, Toretto has settled in nicely with the comings and goings of his yard and box so I’ve been leaving the door/ ramp open the past couple nights. I did install a camera for my peace of mind..[emoji16] one more addiction[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]IMG_1556.jpg

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Happy Saturday all. An overcast start to our day, foggy, but sun should be peaking out soon warming everything and making it a standsrd “Spring-like” day.

In between some wood working, we went out and bought 10 bags of mulch (on sale @Lowes) to continue our spring mulching of flower beds and trees. So far - 20 bags in.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good morning all. !
Today is the day of the annual Crawfish boil and the weather looks ominous.... again[emoji35]. Every year, it’s difficult to pick a date that we can host the boil where hubby and closest friends are home at the same time. We are very limited.. and for the past 3 years, it rains!!! Oh well.... guess we will make the best of it... on another note, Toretto has settled in nicely with the comings and goings of his yard and box so I’ve been leaving the door/ ramp open the past couple nights. I did install a camera for my peace of mind..[emoji16] one more addiction[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]View attachment 269086

Have a good time at the boil. I saw increased weather warnings from Texas running this way. Winds, rain, hail in the forecast.

Nice your Toretto is settling in. Wish our weather warmed up sooner. Our poor Sully has been inside now since mid-October. Six months confined to indoors living. Funny thing about having them out, they do get to be independent - venturing out, walking about, basking, eating...etc. have fun!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all. !
Today is the day of the annual Crawfish boil and the weather looks ominous.... again[emoji35]. Every year, it’s difficult to pick a date that we can host the boil where hubby and closest friends are home at the same time. We are very limited.. and for the past 3 years, it rains!!! Oh well.... guess we will make the best of it... on another note, Toretto has settled in nicely with the comings and goings of his yard and box so I’ve been leaving the door/ ramp open the past couple nights. I did install a camera for my peace of mind..[emoji16] one more addiction[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]View attachment 269086
Good to see Toretto looking very much at home.
No possibility of any snakes or predators looking for heat getting in the open door overnight?
Have a good day with your boil I'm sure you and your friends will have fun whatever the weather.:)

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good morning all. !

I am sure the Crawfish taste just as good no matter what the weather. Enjoy :)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
View attachment 269089

Happy Saturday for everyone !
Spring in Germany let grow a lot of fresh grass. It is to cold for torts being outside, that`s why the grass has to come to the torts inside ! And they love it.
Look:

View attachment 269090

Sabine they are getting even more beautiful as they grow :) They are a real credit to you!

Bee62

Germany
They do love it!
Can't tempt the one at the back or has he already eaten his share?
The tort on the right looks like the boss!
There isn`t really a "boss" between the four, but the biggest and friendliest one is the one on the left side. His name is "Leo" and I think he is a friendly, lovely male. The tort in the back got her "portion" grass a little bit later and started eating immediately. They are so cute little dinosaurs !

Bee62

Germany
Sabine they are getting even more beautiful as they grow :) They are a real credit to you!
Thank you Linda. It seems I have a "green thumb" for tortoises. :rolleyes: A "tortoise thumb" you might say. :DAll of my torts are growing well. This year my sulcatas will get a bigger enclosure in my stable. More space to roam and to grow and I think the two aldabras I put in the enclosure where the sulcatas are at present.:tort::<3:

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Good morning all. !

Good luck with the weather and enjoy your party!!

What camera is this? Details please!