COLD DARK ROOM

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
He is giving it 2 more months to completely heal with eye exercises.
The muscles in my right eye have tightened up too much on the outside unexpectedly causing the eye to stay in place and not move to where it should. The hope is that the exercises will loosen those muscles. If not, he will go back in at the end of the two months and fix it. Oy vey!
I’m glad you’re getting better [emoji851][emoji847]
May I ask what happened to your eye?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Thankfully, I don't have them in the house, but outside is a whole other matter. My tortoise sheds are crawling with them. I've got shelves in all the sheds, and yesterday I bought roach poison to set on the shelves. Hopefully that will get the pesky critters under control. The package says they eat the bait then go someplace else to die. A pest control guy I know told me the kind of roaches I have outside rarely come into the house, thank goodness.
These are the big ones from outside that come into the house on occasion.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
He is giving it 2 more months to completely heal with eye exercises.
The muscles in my right eye have tightened up too much on the outside unexpectedly causing the eye to stay in place and not move to where it should. The hope is that the exercises will loosen those muscles. If not, he will go back in at the end of the two months and fix it. Oy vey!
I’m glad you’re getting better [emoji851][emoji847]
Oh dear. It is never easy.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good day all.

We went from sunny and Spring-like, back to overcast, dark, dreary, wet, cold day. A bummer, really. A bit depressing as well.

For those folks out there building tort houses and enclosures, here’s a rather good explanation on the misc grades of plywood. And why some cost so much!

Need to come back to this.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Plus, I'm negotiating for a "sound" wall. That would be a cement wall 6' tall across the front of my property. Since my driveway won't be on the front, it would be a nice barrier. then my 6' redwood privacy fences down each side of the property would meet the sound wall and I would effectively be fenced in!! Yea! But my side of the street is in the County, not the City, so the City would have to go to the County and apply for a variance. Right now the county says any fence across the front can be no taller than 3'. Thing is, a variance is not free. So I don't know if the City will go for it. If not, then I'm going to negotiate that now my property value has considerably lessened from what it was before the noise level was an issue.
Aahh. Good luck. I hope you get it right.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
My son and his family took an airline flight from Texas to San Francisco, then rented two cars and drove up to Oregon for the funeral of my daughter-in-law's mother. Afterwards, back in San Francisco, they had time before the flight home (next day) to do sightseeing. They went on a double decker bus for a sightseeing trip around various points of interest in S.F. and to the Golden Gate Bridge.

I was raised in S.F., only moving to Fresno when I got married. And we didn't have sightseeing vehicles back in those days (over 60 years ago). This is of the Haight/Ashbury district (in the olden days this is hippy territory) from the top of a double decker bus:
View attachment 269044

And this is of the type of tiny car you can rent to drive around the city. It's actually a three wheel motorcycle (two wheels in the front and one in the back) with a car body on it:
View attachment 269045

The Golden Gate bridge. Just LOOK at the traffic on the bridge:

View attachment 269046
Oh my word. That traffic is terrible. And those sight seeing cars are cute.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Ah ok I get it now because for us caroline the ine is said like « in », I think for you the end of caroline would be like saying « line »(like...you know draw a « line » with a pencil) ? haaa! it’s complicated expressing sounds with words!!
Lol. And exactly. You have got it now. Lyn over here sounds like lin. I think that Yvonne and Linda put it down very well.