COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Good morning all and HAPPY FRIDAY! I can actually say that there is a difference in the weekdays vs weekends... working from home is still work... and really annoying with a 6yr old and school lessons too... I’m praying that it doesn’t rain all weekend.. I need to be outside!!! Lol..

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good morning all and HAPPY FRIDAY! I can actually say that there is a difference in the weekdays vs weekends... working from home is still work... and really annoying with a 6yr old and school lessons too... I’m praying that it doesn’t rain all weekend.. I need to be outside!!! Lol..

Yes! Happy Friday. Cold cold night, morning. Some areas here down to freezing overnight. Luckily most things that i have out are in protected areas, so not wilted....

Enjoy your weekend ?? My “no rain prayer“ is in the works!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think our weather is finally warming up. The 10 day forecast calls for days in the upper 70sF and nights in the 50sF. This means if the NEXT 10 day forecast also shows 50s at night I can remove all the restrictive fences that are keeping the tortoises in smaller yards (makes it easier on the keeper in the evening to find them to put them away), so they can stay out at night if they choose to do so. And I can turn off all the night time electricity and save $$ on the power bill!! Yippee!!!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good evening all!

Son has finished work so we can wind down for the weekend now. Daughter and I have been baking as we are having a family Afternoon Tea party tomorrow afternoon. I’ll take photos... you’re all invited ;)

It rained this afternoon for the first time since we got home from NZ over a month ago. Our garden really needed it. I still went out for my walk. I would go stir crazy without that!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning! Everyone must be enjoying the weekend as it’s awfully quiet in here.... it did rain most of the day yesterday although lightly but it looks like a nice forecast today and a few storms tonight.. I think our cold snap is gone.. I see 70F and above for the next two weeks... Pickles’ new yard is sprouting fine little grass blades everywhere! I am so excited because he has been wearing my transplants out.. He is the only one who seems happy about the new yard! Lol... he’s been out enjoying it daily while Toretto is on strike...Guess he doesn’t like having a neighbor.. Crusher is shyly starting to venture out in the other yard but he doesn’t stay out long yet... they are all using the Nightboxes just fine:) Dont have a clue what I’m going to do with myself all day;-)

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good morning! Everyone must be enjoying the weekend as it’s awfully quiet in here.... it did rain most of the day yesterday although lightly but it looks like a nice forecast today and a few storms tonight.. I think our cold snap is gone.. I see 70F and above for the next two weeks... Pickles’ new yard is sprouting fine little grass blades everywhere! I am so excited because he has been wearing my transplants out.. He is the only one who seems happy about the new yard! Lol... he’s been out enjoying it daily while Toretto is on strike...Guess he doesn’t like having a neighbor.. Crusher is shyly starting to venture out in the other yard but he doesn’t stay out long yet... they are all using the Nightboxes just fine:) Dont have a clue what I’m going to do with myself all day;-)

Happy Saturday. Overcast, cold & rain forecast for the better part of the day. The CORONA lockdown has most ppl honkered down, the hum of lawn mowers & weed whackers is still there, but not the normal buzz of activity. No school buses, less traffic in general.

The garden stuff - onions, lettuce, etc in containers are enjoying Springtime weather, as our the Spring flowering trees & bushes. Great display of lilac, white n pink dogwoods. Our peonies are reaching for the sky, nice buds and should be opening in a weeks time. The other perennials are pushing up. I just hope the deer don’t get to them!

Haven't been out kayaking for two weeks now, my co-kayakers don’t want to mingle too much AND the weather has been kind of crappy.

Last year about this time, we were down on the Virginia & North Carolina border in the Dismal Swamp.

1BFB056E-8B6A-46AD-BABB-12F4218CECBB.jpeg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
12A9FB78-8BE1-4CF9-A912-89439D0A9251.jpeg
I hope you will all join us for Afternoon Tea.

- Homemade scones made by me with strawberry jam and clotted cream.
- Victoria Sandwich sponge cake made by Daughter
- Fruit tea loaf made by me
- Chocolate brownies made by Daughter
- Four kinds of sandwiches made by JoesDad and Son (they went a bit overboard with the quantity :D )
Cheddar and homemade date &apple chutney, smoked salmon & cream cheese, egg mayo & cress, coronation chicken
- mini pork pies made by the supermarket ;)

jeneliza

burton michigan
View attachment 291448
I hope you will all join us for Afternoon Tea.

- Homemade scones made by me with strawberry jam and clotted cream.
- Victoria Sandwich sponge cake made by Daughter
- Fruit tea loaf made by me
- Chocolate brownies made by Daughter
- Four kinds of sandwiches made by JoesDad and Son (they went a bit overboard with the quantity :D )
Cheddar and homemade date &apple chutney, smoked salmon & cream cheese, egg mayo & cress, coronation chicken
- mini pork pies made by the supermarket ;)
So wish I could ?, all sounds so yummy