COLD DARK ROOM

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
An air fryer is on my list of appliance to buy if I ever start cooking for real.

But I've wanted a Ronco Showtime Rotisserie Oven since I was a kid and I still don't have one of them. I'd probably get the cheese fountain first just for the novelty.

giphy.gif
Chocolate fountain!!!! BTW it’s long pork in the Philippines

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
Are y’all trying to double team me now??) WTH??? I thought we were friends!!! Get back in your corner young lady and keep your mouth shut! “ I’m pointing the Mom finger and using THE VOICE”
Walks to the corner, sits down facing the wall. Secretly pulls out device to find what EllieMay’s up too. ?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good afternoon everybody, the days are whizzing by. Just got home from the dreaded work place, now to out my feet up, relax with a mild shake, prom our and crusty bread and butter watching the torts meander around in the rain
If Amron has a mission, @Tidgy's Dad , it is to talk about watching his torts.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
@Tidgy's Dad I think @jaizei's mission is to post that kiwi. Really sneaky, too, because it doesn't show up when you reply to him. It's the kind of brilliant understated thing he'd do, putting it in his signature.

Calling it because I'm way too lazy to go back and see if he was posting that kiwi prior to September 2. ?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
One time, my sister made mashed potatoes with bacon mixed in, so naturally I tried to get as much bacon as possible while scooping some onto a plate. The "bacon" was pieces of skin.

I'm not sure whose sin was greater, my sister for her laziness or me for my greed and gluttony.

But I've never completely put my trust in bacon since then.

@Tidgy's Dad - I'm calling @jaizei 's mission is to lie about different food stuff

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
@Tidgy's Dad I think @jaizei's mission is to post that kiwi. Really sneaky, too, because it doesn't show up when you reply to him. It's the kind of brilliant understated thing he'd do, putting it in his signature.

Calling it because I'm way too lazy to go back and see if he was posting that kiwi prior to September 2. ?

I realized that my other emote signature might be misunderstood so I changed it, and like I said I identify strongly with kiwis.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
It's just that I guess I've been traumatized by mashed potatoes more than once so they bring out some strong emotions.

When I was a kid, I mistook mashed turnips for mashed potatoes on more than one Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ok, I promised I'd let you see my boring pasture. This is from the west end looking east:

laps a.jpg

and this is from the east end looking west:

laps b.jpg

This is my lap coach, Kitty Kitty:

laps c.jpglaps d.jpg

And this is my lap counter - 15 again today:

laps e.jpg

Kitty Kitty came to me feral, and I wasn't able to even touch him for a couple months. His eye was like that, but there was no way I could take him to the vet. I'm able to touch him now, and I pet him, but I haven't tried to pick him up yet. I'll be taking him to the vet as soon as I can safely get him into a carrier.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This is a new wild fire in the foot hills just above Fresno in the Shaver Lake area. They've issued evacuation for all the camps, towns, etc. around that area. This is a time of year those areas get lots of people and they depend upon tourists to stay financially healthy. So bad news. I know it's a terrible thing, but what a great picture. It shows just how devastating a wild fire is.

1599493657189.png

I copied this picture off the announcement the fire people put up on my Nextdoor app. So I'm not sure it's of the area or not.

Last edited:

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
That’s all we get where I am. It sucks. I love a good sunset
I love sunsets too, here they can be beautiful but only if you are in the right spot. Since the fires have started and all the smoke is coming our way the sun and sky always looks red at sunset. So the kids say “Blood has been spilled this night.” Which is from Legolas in Lord of the Rings, they are addicted to that movie, then again so am I.