COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I am unfortunately unable to post anything. As both Stephen and I have been confirmed (today ) as being covid positive. Not sure if it will be a good idea to send the germs on envelopes across the waters. I will sort something out once we have been given the green light.
Oh no! Do you have any idea how you got it? I mailed your card day before yesterday, otherwise I would have included hugs and prayers in the envelope. Do everything you can to get well, and please keep us informed.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I am unfortunately unable to post anything. As both Stephen and I have been confirmed (today ) as being covid positive. Not sure if it will be a good idea to send the germs on envelopes across the waters. I will sort something out once we have been given the green light.
Hope you two do well! I am on my 5th self monitoring (2 wks) for being exposed to Covid so I am not afraid!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I also volunteered at our local wildlife rescue. But holy cats, our wild life is so different than yours. We have coyotes, raccoons, 'possums, deer, cougars, and too many falcons, eagles, hawks, woodpeckers and more. BUT, voles, mice, rats etc are killed or trapped in my yard, They wreck havoc on my outside tortoise pens, and are making headway into my house and have chewed on my electric wires, ruining my siding and really have caused damage to my house. So I set my traps nightly and mostly take whatever I catch for "a ride". But I do set poison traps under my house.for the rats, mice. I used to keep hedgehogs and Sugar Gliders. My cats catch voles and mice in the house and do what cats do. I have skunks living under my tort shed, and rats and especially mice have ruined the insulation on my tort shed. The baby skunks would come out and visit with me until they got older.
Anyway, my tort shed is not nearly as easy to keep warm as it was, mice and others have really ruined the insulation. I admire what you are doing.
'possums eat rats so the possums I trap are released back where they belong.
View attachment 312056
If you take rags soaked in ammonia and push them in there entrance under your tort shed. They will leave..

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hope you have no symptoms. Someone at my granddaughters work got covid. They gave my granddaughter a rapid test. It came up positive. She quarantined and after a few days the whole family got tested at a testing facility. A few days later the results were negative for everyone.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Sunny, bright & cold start to our day. My bird bath fountain was flowing icicles. Soon time for it to come into the garage. More potting about in the garden. Our many year old dehydrator quit on us, soooooo, off to WalMart for a replacement. I think we had it for a good 7 years.

Im soon off up our ladder to the eaves of our house in order to hang one big wreath. It’s always a “hail mary“ process til i get up & down without falling.
Be careful!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I probably got to see a baby Downy woodpecker today. The little one is the first to find my new suet feeder. I couldn't get a good picture yet. The feathers weren't fully developed but you could see it was a youngin with a short beak.? He was hanging upside down on the suet feeder getting all he could. It was so cute ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'll be thinking and praying for you. Just get well! and we'll sort it out soon. Take care my friend.