COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Just letting you all know about a Sulcata belonging to the head nurse at the vets. Apparently he bashed his way through some wire mesh fencing around some flowerbeds and started 'work' on one side of the garden before 'working' on the other side. The nurse arrived home to find the last flower disappearing 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣!

Natrah
She's going to need a sight barrier when replaces the fence. 😀 Does she know about TFO? She could pick up some good tips here.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Well day 1 was a mix....all started out great till we got within shouting distance of Washington DC. We stopped in Fayetteville.....120 miles earlier than planned but it was getting dark and the rain was blinding.

Ouch..traffic till DC and 1 bad accident on 95S in Va so bad they shut it down for hours, then biblical rains in NC....we bailed. Kerry was driving and she wanted to make Buc-ees in Florance SC but she was shot. We will stop there tomorrow.
She described it as someplace hu

ge with all kinds of shops and cool things but she's never been there either. Should be neat!

Ray, did Rose REALLY go home? You aren't digging any holes are you?
Hope the weather improves for you and you have a great time.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Good afternoon/evening all.
Looks like our run of good weather is coming to an end with rain and thunderstorms on the way for the weekend. The wildlife needs it so I don't mind

My car is having it's MOT tomorrow - hopefully it's still roadworthy even though it's 17 years old. Chances are that it will need some work for it to pass, but I really don't want the hassle of looking for a new car.

My trail camera has picked up a rat in the garden 🐀 So I've been 'training him to go into a jammed open humane trap then tomorrow morning I'll set it and take him on a little trip for a new life in some woods. I don't mind him as long as he stays outside, but if the neighbours see him they'll make a fuss and poison him. So at least he'll have a chance in the woods.

I hope you're all having a good week. TTFN

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well the new arrival came today. It was delivered by Kerry and Jeff. It was raining so I couldn't get any pictures. Anyways I have adopted Mark's Ms. Sully. So now she will enjoy the Florida weather. Thanks to Mark for trusting me with Ms. Sully. She will get spoiled just like Opo. Thanks to Kerry and Jeff for hauling Ms. Sully down from Maryland. And also Jeff gave me a motorcycle. It is a 1974 Yamaha RD350. That bike came out when I was in high-school. I always wanted this bike because of its ability to beat bigger bikes in the curves. When it got its reputation all my buddies and I wanted one. I got it to restore, obviously not to ride.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Well the new arrival came today. It was delivered by Kerry and Jeff. It was raining so I couldn't get any pictures. Anyways I have adopted Mark's Ms. Sully. So now she will enjoy the Florida weather. Thanks to Mark for trusting me with Ms. Sully. She will get spoiled just like Opo. Thanks to Kerry and Jeff for hauling Ms. Sully down from Maryland. And also Jeff gave me a motorcycle. It is a 1974 Yamaha RD350. That bike came out when I was in high-school. I always wanted this bike because of its ability to beat bigger bikes in the curves. When it got its reputation all my buddies and I wanted one. I got it to restore, obviously not to ride.

Sully was packed away snugly with Jeff/Kerry off into the sun rise for the journey to Florida. Too bad about the rain. Ray you have some projects to keep you busy. Have fun.

Safe travels Jeff!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
You guys are more than welcome, you've both taken excellent care of your massive Torts.....well, Ray has his hand full but he's got a great setup for big Opo and Sully. He came right out to say hi after I reached in his box to rub his head!

20240919_171348.jpg

We are pretty tired but sometimes we get to do really cool things!
Meeting two of my fav members was super cool....& both turned out to be normal too! LOL

Ray, thank you for the launch info. We are in Cape Canaveral for a couple days and we'll get to see a launch in the morning!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Years ago my husband bought me my own Yamaha 250.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
You guys are more than welcome, you've both taken excellent care of your massive Torts.....well, Ray has his hand full but he's got a great setup for big Opo and Sully. He came right out to say hi after I reached in his box to rub his head!

View attachment 379522

Meeting two of my fav members was super cool....& both turned out to be normal too! LOL

Ray, thank you for the launch info. We are in Cape Canaveral for a couple days and we'll get to see a launch in the morning!
It was great meeting Kerry and you. Not sure where your hotel is. Generally if you can make it to a beach. That is the best view. Ask someone working at the hotel. They should have a good idea where to go. The rumble should come quick where you are at. Also look for the rocket boosters after they come back down. Hopefully you will get a sonic boom.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Sully was packed away snugly with Jeff/Kerry off into the sun rise for the journey to Florida. Too bad about the rain. Ray you have some projects to keep you busy. Have fun.

Safe travels Jeff!
I can't wait to start restoring the bike.
Actually I can't wait to see Ms.Sully in the morning. So we can start our relationship. Mark you did a wonderful job raising Ms.Sully. Her carapace is very smooth.

MaNaAk

Southend

View attachment 379522

😍

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Congratulations Ray, it's great that Sully has a lovely new home and that Mark can keep track of him via TFO. I hope Opo and Sully get on okay, or will they have separate areas? Looking forward to hearing how their story continues.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Good morning/afternoon all. Not a bad day here - so far. The thunder hasn't arrived yet.

My car is at the garage, they rang to say one of the tyres was down to the thread 😮 - not something I noticed, but needs to be changed to pass. He also said the engine light was on, which it hasn't been before so he's going to run a check on that. I hope it's not an expensive problem. I should have told him to run the test before fitting the tyres just in case the cost of repairs is more than the car's worth. I really hope not 🤞 🙏 🍀

Hope you're all having a good Friday.

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning/afternoon all. Not a bad day here - so far. The thunder hasn't arrived yet.

My car is at the garage, they rang to say one of the tyres was down to the thread 😮 - not something I noticed, but needs to be changed to pass. He also said the engine light was on, which it hasn't been before so he's going to run a check on that. I hope it's not an expensive problem. I should have told him to run the test before fitting the tyres just in case the cost of repairs is more than the car's worth. I really hope not 🤞 🙏 🍀

Hope you're all having a good Friday.
Good luck 🍀 🤞 Lyn!

Natrah

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
That is so neat you guys getting to meet each other. A bit sad Mark re-homed his girl, but she went to a darned good climate/home!
Yes, it was a very hard decision and a very sad day as we loaded Sully up for her next adventure. Wifey was in tears as Kerry & Jeff drove away. But we know it’s the best for Sully with Ray in Florida - sunshine, high temps, lots of grass, banana leaves & cactus, and rain/humidity.