COLD DARK ROOM

Prairie Mom

Just wanted to share that I started a thread in the Off-topic media section about books.
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/what-are-you-reading.135200/#post-1274188

I'm also kind of testing the waters a bit and seeing if anyone has any interest in group reading. Not sure how it'll go. Could be fun to try out.

<-----Also the new Avatar is me in front of Stephen King's house. I figured I'd have a bookish avatar for a bit:)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hi there hope all's well!
Nice new avatar - looks like the sort of house a writer of horror/thriller stories might live.
Will have a peak at the book thread.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hello all!
How are you?
I just tried to cook a hot crossed bun...
View attachment 162981
Anyway... What's the weather like for you?
Frosty here so no no weeds for spud!
Well it was certainly hot and I bet pretty cross at being burnt!
So yes it is a hot cross bun!!
I like burnt things - it's a taste acquired out of necessity.
Very cold here -4'C on way to work this morning.

kirsty Johnston

5 Year Member
Scotland
I just needed to report to @johnandjade and @kirsty Johnston that I'm a ways into "Still Game." At first, I really struggled with the young actors portraying elderly people. I found it really distracting, but thought it had funny moments. I kept at it and freakin' LOVE the show. I don't notice the young actors any more, no longer need subtitles (yes I seriously did!!!), and regularly laugh so hard I get teary. Man, that show is a thing of Beauty!!!

I think that's brilliant a Chrissy @Prairie Mom - do you really understand it? There's also chewing the fat which is legend. I actually heard that a new still game series is going to be released which I'm really excited about! :)