Considering a German shepherd

ulkal

5 Year Member
AW: Considering a German shepherd

Hm, I don't know any German Shepherds anymore. They were mildly popular in the 90s , but nowadays you mostly see them with police. Statistically, they are the breed with the most attacks on humans here. Same goes for Austria and Switzerland,where some cantons have them on those lists of dangerous breeds(the use of those lists...well...)

You have a huge advantage of having a dog pro help you with your choice, so whatever dog you get, it will very,very,very, likely be a good match,whether mutt.or purebred. Hope to see pics soon :D

When I was living in LA, our Minpin and JRT/Basset mix,both rescues, were doing a good watchdog job. Thats about the only time when they teamed up,except for occasional attempts to houdini out of the yard. I swear, I was watching the Basset mix several times, when she tried to open the gate, trying to turn the knob with her snout. It probably helped that she inherited the dark bark, because there is rly nothing intimidating abt an oversized, weirdly proportioned Jack russell and a grumpy minpin missing half his teeth ;)
We got her from the shelter in San Pedro. Spaying/Neutering is mandatory, as well as microchipping and they do it when you pick the dog up. The fee for that is 130$.