Elongated (Tic Tac shaped) eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Here are some pics of the tic tac shaped eggs and the one hatchling. You can see that the hatchling is still flattening out. Tic Tac the mummy is the first photo. As you can see the most recent eggs have not chalked over yet. The previous egg is nice and white, still a bit of a wait though. Enjoy.

Allegra

P1010009-1.jpg

P1010002-1.jpg

P1010001-2.jpg

P1010007.jpg

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
That's neat. I'm not as familiar with redfoots than other torts. How are the color genes determined between red and orange?

allegraf

10 Year Member!
That is the rub and honestly I have no idea. I have an orange girl that produces orange despite being exposed to red males. I have red girls with red boys producing orange and red babies. Those babies are all different colors varying from light orange to deep red. It is part of the fun, you never know what you are going to get until it hatches! I also got a gorgeous orange girl from a friend that was produced by two really red parents. Go figure.

Allegra

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
Hoping this is appreciated.. only posted as an example.

These came from the same "clutch" -

DKCHOCCARAMEL.jpg

Banana.jpg

CIII1.jpg

One female.. two different males - Northern redfoots.

Most all of my hatchlings are the shape of yours here Allegra. When someone says 'folded' I think front-to-back. They do have the 'curve' to their carapace and the other half of the egg is yolk and a little air-pocket. Hopefully these terms are not misunderstood.

Nice looking mummy and baby for sure!

Very different eggs from what I've seen laid.

Terry K

Status
Not open for further replies.