neatlobster

Location (City and/or State)
Tampa Florida
Hey y'all!
First post on here and im so excited i found this forum.
I live in south florida and have a red foot tortoise that we are looking to move outside. I havent had the yard to be able to give him the outside life he deserves so im so excited for him to thrive outside. Im looking for tips, recommendations, any advice, pictures of your set up would be so so appreciated ! How should i set up his enclosure?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
First how old and big is he? Hatchlings to about 3 years should live in a closed chamber with visits outside
Lots of shade and cover should be provided with safe plants and bushes. A hide they can be heated for those cold nights in the winter and to lock him in each night. Water dish large enough he can get into.
Maybe @ZEROPILOT can find pics of his outdoor enclosures

neatlobster

Tampa Florida
First how old and big is he? Hatchlings to about 3 years should live in a closed chamber with visits outside
Lots of shade and cover should be provided with safe plants and bushes. A hide they can be heated for those cold nights in the winter and to lock him in each night. Water dish large enough he can get into.
Maybe @ZEROPILOT can find pics of his outdoor enclosures
He's about 10 years old and around 10/11 inches.

COmtnLady

Colorado
Welcome to the Forum! This place has the most up-to-date correct info on raising tortoises.

Did you have a chance to read through this yet? Some you probably already know, but it might help, too. https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/info-for-new-people-please-read-this-first.202363/

Wellington's right to refer you to ZeroPilot, he knows Red Foots in Florida.

Try typing 'Outdoor Enclosures in Florida' in the search feature ( the little Sherlock Holmes magnifying glass) in the upper right corner of the pages.

And check the topics listed below here where similar threads are listed.