Fridge Hibernation For A Spur-thighed Tortoise

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
Good afternoon @pippin and @molliemoo,

Jacky showed no interest in food yesterday and is doing the same today so I shall continue to offer that I bought for her until it runs and then I shall stop feeding her. However I shall continue to soak her.

Natrah

pippin

Preston uk
17280491601651551733587119077790.jpg I'm not very technical minded but i think I've attached a photo of Shelly? 🤔 as you can see she is a little pyramidal but we are doing our best to make up for past deficiencies and treatment and hopefully prevent any further. She has now started walking around her indoor enclosure because the heating has gone on! 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️.

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear @pippin and @molliemoo,

Jacky is fairly active but not eating so I will keep her warm for a week after her last meal but I will continue to soak her in warm water. Then I will soak her in cool water for a week and cease the soaking. Also once I get her out of the enclosure and back outside I will set the fridge. The fridge temperature needs to be 3 to 5 degrees Celsius. You can use a wine cooler as @Yvonne G suggests earlier in this thread and follow my set. The vet advised me to get the room temperature down to 12 degrees Celsius before putting Jacky (Jacqueline) in the fridge. It's important to Oxygenate the fridge every day by opening the door for thirty seconds. You all need to keep a glass of water in it for hydration. I kept a glass of water and a carton of milk!

Natrah