Help identifying this plant please

soph.h

Location (City and/or State)
England
8BB0BEF9-1977-48B6-ABDF-C3B6E80D3779.jpeg
There's a few of these in the garden at the moment..
had Colin outside for 15 minutes today on the patio as it's warmed up a bit today. I always watch him when he was outside and I noticed he tried to eat one of these- I took it off him but I think he may have gotten a small bit still. Will this be dangerous or is he okay? I don't know what plant these are from so would appreciate the help.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
My guess is off a tree since it's early spring (correct?). What trees do you have?

soph.h

England
My guess is off a tree since it's early spring (correct?). What trees do you have?
I suspect you're right! The trees are in the neighbours garden but come over the fence.. I'll attach some photos but I'm afraid I don't know what type they are

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 9

soph.h

England
I suspect you're right! The trees are in the neighbours garden but come over the fence.. I'll attach a photo but I'm afraid I don't know what type they are.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
It looks like catkins, but they come from different trees. This may help.

Good job Lyn. I was just going to add a comment but i see that you beat me too it. Many trees have catkins, both female & male parts. You often have to look very closely for the actual flower bud.

A popular tree with catkins is the Quaking Aspen tree, as is the Poplar.