introductions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winnie-and-Oliver

5 Year Member
RE: Welcome to TortoiseForum.org !

Hi everyone! My name is Valerie and I am the new mom of two Russian tortoises (Winnie and Oliver). I would love to post a pic, but unfortunately it wont let me load any... I have already received great advice on here and am very grateful for this forum. As I am new to owning a tortoise, I am so glad to have many experts willing to share!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA

Hi Valerie:

Welcome to the forum!!

hollie1999

5 Year Member

Hi, My name is Hollie & I got my daughter a cherry-head redfoot tortoise for her birthday on Friday! His name is Travis & he is very sweet. We have already fallen in love with him! I'm glad I found this website so if I have questions or concerns, I know were to go![/size][/font]

Thanks,
Hollie

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Hi Hollie:

Welcome to the forum!!

The redfoot tortoise is quite a popular tortoise. You'll find plenty of help here on the forum on how to care for Travis.

molino

5 Year Member
Sacramento, Cali

Hi my name is Kev I live in N. Cali and have a Sulcata Tortoise his name is Molino (Spanish for Windmill) he is now 3 years old, I also have four dogs whom get along with him, on occasion they may bark at him but for the most part they leave him alone, they are never left out with him un supervised! Happy I found this Tortoise Forum :)

G.Chaco "Charlie"

5 Year Member

Another Kevin from N. Cal also.
I have a 1/18/92 Chaco who gets rather bored with me and loves to chase my tortoise shell or calico cats, Charlie will leave the other cats alone, very weird watching that happen. We were told Charlie could live 100+ years?

M

marinano

amazing idea . . . thanks for sharing . . . :p :-D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Hi Kev and Kevin:

Welcome to the forum!! Lots of sulcata-keepers here, but (I think) only two of us have a Chaco!

After you become familiar with our forum and how it works, I'd love to see some pictures!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

Wow a Kev and Kevin both from N. CA joining within the same hour! :cool:
A big welcome to both of you! :D

G.Chaco "Charlie"

5 Year Member

Jacqui said:
Wow a Kev and Kevin both from N. CA joining within the same hour! :cool:
A big welcome to both of you! :D
I really didn't notice that part of it.
Charlie now has a new reptisun light and some Mazuri from "Spike"

apjohnson

5 Year Member
Aurora, Colorado

Hi, my name is April - I hail in Aurora, Colorado. We just rescued an abandoned Russian Tortoise. We have no clue on age, but measures 5.5 inches & is male. Obsessively seeking info on how to properly care for our newly beloved addition to the family, Levi "lil dude" Buddy!

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California

Welcome April! Thank you for caring for a Russian tortoise. I am sure he appreciates it. There is a TON of information on this site.

G.Chaco "Charlie" said:
Charlie now has a new reptisun light and some Mazuri from "Spike"

How is he liking the Mazuri ?

G.Chaco "Charlie"

5 Year Member

Cory, it will take some time for him to "like" it, as he has always had fresh stuff to eat.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California

have you tried to moisten the food, and mix it lightly with the fresh greens? then slowly over time, increase the mazuri, and decrease the greens?

G.Chaco "Charlie"

5 Year Member

Yes Cory. I even moisten it with fresh fruit juice too, a very picky tortoise I was told when purchased.

BrandyJo

5 Year Member

Hi there! My name is Brandy. I'm not new to torts, but I'm certainly no expert. I've fostered thru the CA Turtle & Tort Society several times & tho I no longer have them, I do have 2 hatchlings that are going on 3 years old who are a by-product of my favorite female desert tort ever. Their names are Sprite & McSquizzy. They have quite the story behind them, which I'll share at a later date when I have more time :) It's so nice to be among friends!

azrabbit

10 Year Member!

We are in the So. AZ desert near Vail, and have two captive bred deserts, Jaime and Newman. They have their own enclosure with den and grass, but they love to browse in the desert. I'm interested in learning as much as I can about their favorite plants, because we want to build them a new, expanded enclosure this winter, and we would like to plant it out with all their favorite "weeds." We've been keeping turtles and tortoises for about thirty years, but nothing exotic. Our children grew up with them, and now our grandchildren will have the pleasure of spending time with these majestic creatures!

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va

Hello everyone my name is Len I live in Westmoreland County VA. I have 6 mountain torts 2 phayrei and 4 emys emys, 1 sulcata, and a yellowfooted tortoise. I got my first Phayrei from Vic Morgan in 1996 at the Orlando Show and the sulcata at the same time from a breeder out of Texas. The phayrei is 50 lbs and the sulcata is 80 lbs at last weighing.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

BrandyJo said:
Hi there! My name is Brandy. I'm not new to torts, but I'm certainly no expert.

Hi Brandy:

Welcome to the forum!! Desert tortoises are right up there at the top of my "favorites" list.

azrabbit said:
We are in the So. AZ desert near Vail, and have two captive bred deserts, Jaime and Newman.

Hi Azrabbit:

(May we know your name?)

Welcome to the forum!! I can't wait to see some pictures of your guys and their home.

Len said:
Hello everyone my name is Len I live in Westmoreland County VA. I have 6 mountain torts 2 phayrei and 4 emys emys, 1 sulcata, and a yellowfooted tortoise. I got my first Phayrei from Vic Morgan in 1996 at the Orlando Show and the sulcata at the same time from a breeder out of Texas. The phayrei is 50 lbs and the sulcata is 80 lbs at last weighing.

Hi Len:

Well, I must admit, you have my very favorite tortoise! But, sad to say, I just lost my VicMorgan a couple days ago. I'm dying to see your pictures and the tortoises' habitats.

Welcome to the forum!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Hi Ashley:

Welcome to the forum!!

So sorry to hear about the death of your 6 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.