Jacky And Daisy

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
Dear Natrah - it has been sunny today, and quite warm, so my dad took me to the breakwater,and I had a lovely long walk. We then walked up on the cliff, and I saw some lambs - fairly big ones, not babies, but sweet anyway. There are lots of wild primroses at the sides of the roads, and also bluebells are beginning to flower. Maybe next week, we will all go to the bluebell wood, to see if they are out there too at all yet,-Bude is always early with flowers.
Love to everyone from Zola xxxxx
That sounds lovely Zola but I forgot to attach Jacky's photo this thread:IMG20240412160236.jpg

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Dear Jacky
My dad took me outside to fetch something from his garage, and one of our friendly robins appeared, so my dad held out some mealworms on his hand, and the robin flew to stand on it to get the worms. My dad said afterwards that he wondered how many times in the world a robin had ever stood on a person's hand while he was holding a tortoise in his other hand !
Love from Zola xxxxx
That would have been a brilliant picture, if only he had another hand!

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Hi Natrah & everyone. Sorry ive been absent for a while had a few things going on.
Dickie decided to eat a bit of kale today (below), that is until I tried holding it for her which she didn’t appreciate & walked off 🥴
She has some elevated white cells so Monday will start with antibiotic injections & also an X-ray to see if it can show where or what the problem is. At least she is eating the odd bit of food here & there when the weather is nice so that is good.
Lovely pictures, I hope one day Dickie is as happy as Jacky & Zola.
Sherman has been out basking. Pete noticed on his job list that a repair is needed on Sherman’s shed 😳
He said he hopes someone will be able to distract him whilst he works otherwise he risks being knocked into & his tools scattered!
Yes Natrah I remember what your brothers were like with you. I’m glad you were able to chat. The youngest brother obviously lives fairly close? It might be the start of more contact between you although you may feel more comfortable just keeping the relationship at arms length to avoid “interference”.
I‘ll let you know how things go with Dickie 👋

Attachments

• IMG_0283.png
    IMG_0283.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

I hope Dickie is okay and don't that because a tortoise's metabolism is slower it can take longer for medication to work and it might be something innocent so try not to worry. When a scan showed a white mass in Daisy's above Daisy's left leg we thought that it was probably the calcium supplement! Get better quickly Dickie and Sherman please don't get any funny ideas about shoving Pete.

Sue, Angie and Cathie I spoke to my aunt (dad's half-sister in Malaysia) via messenger video today and both of us were tearful. I haven't seen her for fifty-one years and she remembers us despite Alzheimer's and she certainly remembers dad. The last I saw her was when she got married but anyway all the family were there and she is obviously being looked after. I took care not to mention some relatives due to an inheritance/land dispute which I mentioned earlier. I think I've had enough inheritance/land issues to last me a lifetime. Yes I would like a relationship with my youngest brother but but it has to be a distant one at the moment.

Zola did you see any violets today Jacky spent quite a while outside but I brought her in at 4 pm because I was concerned that she was getting cold. When I brought her in she finished her dandelions and put herself to bed. That is a lovely picture of Dickie and I realise that younger tortoises have darker markings than older ones but Jacky's shell is smooth due to rubbing, stroking and cuddling. Dickie is a beautiful tortoise and so is little Zola.

Goodnight everyone

Natrah, Jacky and Angel Daisy

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Natrah - it was sunny this afternoon, so I went with my dad to the breakwater, and I had a really long walk - it was lovely, but a bit cold. Then I had a rest on my mum when I got back, and we went to sleep.
There are lots of flowers out now - not violets, but bluebells and primroses by the road - also celandines - and dandelions. I think the violets come a bit later.
I hope you had a good day.Love from Zola and Angie to you, Jacky, Angel Daisy and all my forum friends xxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning everyone!

Dickie how are you feeling today? I hope you were a good girl when you had your medication. You are like Daisy you are very brave. When Natrah gave Daisy her antibiotics she to inject her in the thigh every other day and on alternate paws. Natrah doesn't like needles but she got better with practice and of course there was a mess! Sherman it's nice to hear that you are basking but what do you plan to do with Pete 🤣🐢.

Zola those violets sound lovely ❤️. Natrah went out to lunch and found that the cliffs had been allowed to grow wild. The grass and dandelions were amazing and Natrah bought me back a big bundle to enjoy in the garden. I have some more to enjoy today but I am not sure if I will go out because it is cloudy here and Natrah thinks it might be a bit too cold for me. Sapphire are you in your outdoor enclosure now

Jacky 🐢

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello Natrah - it has been extremely windy here today, and the sea looked very dramatic, but it was also quite cold - I wasn't able to have a walk with my dad, or to go on the breakwater because of the waves. So I was a bit cross, and wouldn't settle by the fire with my mum this afternoon.
I hope you have had a nice day, anyway.
Love from Zola to you, Jacky and Angel Daisy,and to all my forum friends. xxxxxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Dear Zola,

I wasn't very pleased either because I didn't get out of my enclosure although I did finish those lovely dandelions. I was told that it was too cold and windy and that I had become to used to 28 degrees Celsius in my enclosure. However at one stage Natrah told me about a massive hailstorm and actually I could hear another one at lunchtime so perhaps it was sensible to stay in. I better go now as I am about to be tucked up.

Goodnight Zola, Angie and all our friends

Jacky, Natrah and Angel Daisy

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Hello Natrah - again it was cold and very very windy, so I couldn't have my proper breakwater walk - however, my mum gave me a lovely stroke by the fire, and I was good and didn't try to bite her at all. My dad has taken some photos through the kitchen window of various birds who come to our feeders there.
We have eight feeders - and of course, the robin comes to Richard's hand to feed, rather than use a feeder.
This is my favourite photo of one of my very favourite birds - a bluet*t - I love the way he has turned his head right round !
Lots of love from Zola xxxx and Angie xxxxgb12.jpg

MaNaAk

Southend
Hello Natrah - again it was cold and very very windy, so I couldn't have my proper breakwater walk - however, my mum gave me a lovely stroke by the fire, and I was good and didn't try to bite her at all. My dad has taken some photos through the kitchen window of various birds who come to our feeders there.
We have eight feeders - and of course, the robin comes to Richard's hand to feed, rather than use a feeder.
This is my favourite photo of one of my very favourite birds - a bluet*t - I love the way he has turned his head right round !
Lots of love from Zola xxxx and Angie xxxxView attachment 369363
Aww thankyou Zola. Sorry I haven't been able to post just but I seem to have been rushing everything today. Jacky is okay bug she has eaten a lot lettuce, greens, dandelions and tomatoes and tomorrow she will have and guess what I'll probably have to do🤣💩🐢!

Goodnight everyone

PS : I hope you're okay Dickie.

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
No change with Dickie she only had 1 bath today as she was tucked up in her bed until lunchtime so Pete had to get her out. Again the weather wasn’t too good.
Pete repaired Sherman’s shed inside. He kept coming in to see what he was doing & managed to walk over his foot one time but he didn’t knock into him! Pete put his tools out of reach. Luckily Sherman wanted to be outside as it was a nice day last Saturday.
Somehow Dickies weight is the same. Sounds like the injection is in the same place you had to do it. The vet is only there 3 days a week so she has left instruction for another vet on Thursday to give the next jab.
Pete was really chuffed today because the robin landed on his hand & ate some live mealworms 😁

MaNaAk

Southend
Aww thankyou Zola. Sorry I haven't been able to post just but I seem to have been rushing everything today. Jacky is okay bug she has eaten a lot lettuce, greens, dandelions and tomatoes and tomorrow she will have and guess what I'll probably have to do🤣💩🐢!

Goodnight everyone

PS : I hope you're okay Dickie.
Sorry everyone I left out several words here!

Natrah

PS: Sue is Pete's foot okay?

zolasmum

5 Year Member
My mum and dad have been feeding the robins for many years in our garden - once, several years ago, the postman, who they knew quite well, happened to come as the robin was feeding. The postman saw him on my dad's hand, and was amazed. Richard asked if he would like to offer him some, and the postman held his hand out with the mealworms - and the robin came, and stood on the postman's hand -he ate some worms,and took some off in his beak when he flew away - the postman was really delighted !!
Sometimes, in the past, we have had baby robins standing round, waiting for their parent to take some worms and fly down to feed them in front of us - I think baby robins are wonderful - unbelievably cute.
Zola has had a quiet day -he is much calmer now, and we had a lovely stroke together this afternoon.
Angie

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Natrah -it was sunny and not windy today, so we went to the bluebell wood - however, the flowers were not fully open yet, but very pretty still. On our drive through the lovely countryside, we were looking out for lambs in the fields - we only saw ones in the distance, which was disappointing. Then, just now, in the evening,- my dad suddenly saw some lambs in the field opposite our house ! They were still young, and very lively, jumping about and running !
I had a lovely walk on the breakwater this afternoon, and met some very nice people, including a lady who gave me a cuddle because it was her birthday .
I hope you have a nice evening - lots of love from Zola xxxxxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

Jacky went to bed early today at 5.50 pm I was clearing her water tray and food bowls which doubled up as a basking table with a tortoise across both of them when I noticed that she was putting herself to bed. Anyway she wanted me to write this because she understands that Sherman wanted to know his home improvements and was literally treading on the workman's toes. Sherman was the work up to your required standard?

Jacky is not always satisfied with the state of her enclosure but she hopes to go out again soon. Does Dickie have another injection tomorrow and if so we are thinking of you?

We love reading about the robins such lovely little with a lovely song. The Bluebells sound very pretty Zola and you are very lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the country. How is your mum and when is her next appointment?

I could working at the shop on a Saturday morning teaching some of my friend's pupils. The shop is only ten minutes walk away which is good both myself and Jacky. The pupil I was teaching in Thorpe Bay on Saturday morning left to go to university and I missed that income. Anyway I can build up Saturday mornings although I probably won't start until July when my friend wants to move. I have seen my brother again whilst walking home from the shop but his partner seemed to be more chatty. Good to be civil eventhough it can be difficult.

Goodnight everyone

Jacky, Angel Daisy and Natrah

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Hello Natrah
Dickie had the second injection today in the top of her other front leg. Then when home she had a soak & was put under her lamp. Last night we moved the hutch into the shed as there was a risk of frost. She’s been in the garden this afternoon but is still not eating.
Tonight she is in the shed again although it’s not too cold but it has been raining again.
There is a lot of activity during the day with the birds in the garden & the blackbirds steal Dickies bits of fruit. It’s funny how they approach her as theyre not too sure what she will do (nothing!) She finds the warm spots & moves into the border after a while.
A neighbour was telling Pete one of her sons children have a tortoise that lives outside & it is just the same as Dickie, not eating. It is down to the weather. It is very old & must have belonged to other family members over the years & has probably been passed down the generations. It has only got 3 legs having lost one during WW2 apparently!
Sherman had made 2 holes in the protective boarding around the inside of his shed. That’s what Pete has fixed. It probably won’t be long before he damages it again 😄

Goodnight

MaNaAk

Southend
Hello Natrah
Dickie had the second injection today in the top of her other front leg. Then when home she had a soak & was put under her lamp. Last night we moved the hutch into the shed as there was a risk of frost. She’s been in the garden this afternoon but is still not eating.
Tonight she is in the shed again although it’s not too cold but it has been raining again.
There is a lot of activity during the day with the birds in the garden & the blackbirds steal Dickies bits of fruit. It’s funny how they approach her as theyre not too sure what she will do (nothing!) She finds the warm spots & moves into the border after a while.
A neighbour was telling Pete one of her sons children have a tortoise that lives outside & it is just the same as Dickie, not eating. It is down to the weather. It is very old & must have belonged to other family members over the years & has probably been passed down the generations. It has only got 3 legs having lost one during WW2 apparently!
Sherman had made 2 holes in the protective boarding around the inside of his shed. That’s what Pete has fixed. It probably won’t be long before he damages it again 😄

Goodnight
Dear Sue,

It's good that Dickie seems okay with her injections and it's very interesting hearing about the tortoise with legs. That tortoise must be well over 90 older than Jacky. Anyway I thought you and Pete might like to know that the vet advised me not to soak Daisy after her injection incase the wound gets infected. You could ask your vet about this.

Goodnight

Natrah

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Dear Sue,

It's good that Dickie seems okay with her injections and it's very interesting hearing about the tortoise with legs. That tortoise must be well over 90 older than Jacky. Anyway I thought you and Pete might like to know that the vet advised me not to soak Daisy after her injection incase the wound gets infected. You could ask your vet about this.

Goodnight

Natrah
Ok thanks for that. The vet said to soak her twice a day but we think it’s a bit much really & risks her going back in her bed in the evening, a bit damp.
I‘ll let Pete know. Thankyou