Finland
Zoila!!!! Bad girl!!!! Bad girl!!!!
No eating mama!!!
Maybe it was her way of giving kisses?
I hope you didn’t bleed??
Are you ok now Zoila’s mom?? 🥺

❤️🐌 slurp
Gary,

I once bit my servants lip as she was laying on the floor! It looked deliciously red, but it wasn't a fruit or a flower... I had climbed up all the way for nothing!

Edward :tort:

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
Dear GGGGGAAAARRRYYYY,

I once bit Natrah's finger as well when she was holding the lettuce. She had to put TCP on it because it bled a bit. That was the time when she also got too close to my light and ended up with a burn on her wrist and then later I leaked on her! Zola have you been playing with your mum's shoes and how is your mum?

Goodnight everyone

Jacky, Angel Daisy and Natrah

zolasmum

5 Year Member
By the way who is Zoila?

Jacky
Dear Natrah - I have been called all sorts of names in my life, but never Zoila before, but I don't mind -my dad once called me Geriatric Blossom !!!
It was cold and wet today so I didn't get a walk, but anyway my dad needed to clear a lot of brambles in the garden - he is very brave, but gets scratched a lot.
Goodnight to Jacky, Angel Daisy, and you, Natrah, and all my forum friends
Zola xxxxxxx - and love from my mum too xxxxxxxx

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Gary,

I once bit my servants lip as she was laying on the floor! It looked deliciously red, but it wasn't a fruit or a flower... I had climbed up all the way for nothing!

Edward :tort:
Edward I hope you and your servant are settling in well. How is Niilo doing? Did he move with you?

Last edited:

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Dear Chef - I am not a girl !!! I am a small but stunningly handsome strong brave gentleman tortoise !!! I know Zola can be a girl's name, but I am named after famous male Zolas such as Emil Zola the writer and Gian-Franco Zola, the wonderful Italian footballer (English football) Also, Zola means "Quietness" in the Swahila (African) language , and it's true I don't make a lot of noise myself - only by bashing things about and suchlike !!!
p.s. my mum didn't bleed, and I would never hurt her except by mistake.
Zola and Angie xxx
My dear Zoila,
I am soooo sorry for calling you a girl.
Somehow I made the same mistake about Saphire!?!?!?!?!?
I don’t know if it’s MY man hands on this keyboard or I am having episodes of some sort????
I know you are a brave young man as you walk the breakwaters almost every day.
Not sure if a GIRL could do that without being cross that she broke a nail or got dirty.
Again, my sincerest apologies for any discomfort that I have caused.
You are more than welcome to push me off those breakwaters if you ever see me over there one day! 🤕☹️

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Dear Natrah - I have been called all sorts of names in my life, but never Zoila before, but I don't mind -my dad once called me Geriatric Blossom !!!
It was cold and wet today so I didn't get a walk, but anyway my dad needed to clear a lot of brambles in the garden - he is very brave, but gets scratched a lot.
Goodnight to Jacky, Angel Daisy, and you, Natrah, and all my forum friends
Zola xxxxxxx - and love from my mum too xxxxxxxx

Good night ZOLA!!!!!
And your wee mum

❤🐌

zolasmum

5 Year Member
My dear Zoila,
I am soooo sorry for calling you a girl.
Somehow I made the same mistake about Saphire!?!?!?!?!?
I don’t know if it’s MY man hands on this keyboard or I am having episodes of some sort????
I know you are a brave young man as you walk the breakwaters almost every day.
Not sure if a GIRL could do that without being cross that she broke a nail or got dirty.
Again, my sincerest apologies for any discomfort that I have caused.
You are more than welcome to push me off those breakwaters if you ever see me over there one day! 🤕☹️
Dear Chef - I would never do that ,as I know you are a very kind and lovely person, And Gary thinks so too -I respect his opinion, as I know snails are very deep thinkers -slow but deep.
Zola xxxxxx

MaNaAk

Southend
Good evening everyone!

I am on my way back from my favourite nature reserve of Two Tree Island. Zola how are the swallows because I saw several of them flying around alongwith House Martins? I guess they will be heading back to South Africa soon whilst the Brent Geese head here. Unfortunately I forgot my binoculars but I was aware of lot of wildfowl and a very spectacular Comma Butterfly.

Dickie how have you been today? Edward how are you and your servant? Please know that Jacky and I are thinking of you.

The Thames looked lovely and blue today.

Natrah IMG20240826171709.jpgIMG20240826162449.jpgIMG20240826162445.jpgIMG20240826145754.jpg

zolasmum

5 Year Member
Dear Natrah - that looks a lovely place. You asked about the swallows - well, I don't think I mentioned that they had another brood in our car-port - 4 babies this timeIMGP0676x.jpgIMGP0663x.jpg, but the nest was in a much more awkward place to look at or to photograph. Richard did catch one view of
them,but they seemed to fledge really quickly, and didn't hang around the car-port for long. There were a lot of swallows around outside recently, but they've gone now.
Love to you and all my forum friends from Zola xxxxxx-and Angie xxxxxx

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Dickie how have you been today?
She came out late morning today had a warm bath & sat in the sun. Didn’t want to eat anything except a small piece of cherry then had a wander. Had to get her back out of her box again later when it warmed up & she ate a bit more with Pete holding the food to her mouth. It’s this that bothers me, why she doesn’t make the effort to eat herself. Anyway think the weather’s going to warm up a bit so that might help.
Angie do you think the swallows have already flown to Africa? Did read they usually go in September so maybe that’s another sign of a change in the seasonal pattern, perhaps the same thing affecting Dickie & some other outside torts at the moment.

MaNaAk

Southend
She came out late morning today had a warm bath & sat in the sun. Didn’t want to eat anything except a small piece of cherry then had a wander. Had to get her back out of her box again later when it warmed up & she ate a bit more with Pete holding the food to her mouth. It’s this that bothers me, why she doesn’t make the effort to eat herself. Anyway think the weather’s going to warm up a bit so that might help.
Angie do you think the swallows have already flown to Africa? Did read they usually go in September so maybe that’s another sign of a change in the seasonal pattern, perhaps the same thing affecting Dickie & some other outside torts at the moment.
Dear Sue,

The cool nights can be a factor because I'm having similar issues with Jacky. If you have a patio try putting Dickie there. I remember mum putting Jacky and Daisy on the patio to warm them up

Goodnight

Natrah

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Dear Sue,

The cool nights can be a factor because I'm having similar issues with Jacky. If you have a patio try putting Dickie there. I remember mum putting Jacky and Daisy on the patio to warm them up

Goodnight

Natrah
She was on the patio but it’s shady. The sun doesn’t get there until mid afternoon which is why Pete moved the box onto the lawn in a spot that gets the sun a bit earlier once it gets over the conifers. The garden is west facing.
Since moving the box she has been coming out herself mostly even though it’s late morning/early afternoon.
Agree the nights are a lot cooler so she has plenty of straw to keep her warm & she buries herself under it.
This is how she behaves leading up to hibernation & once she stops coming out at all for a week or two then she’s usually moved into her hibernation box. We have yet to get her a new one as the one she used at the other house was a bit big for our garage. She will be in the garage so she stays cold but not too cold. Trouble is at the moment the signs are happening way too early.