Little Bit is sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
Glad her eyes are open and she had a bit to eat. Hopefully she is on the road to recovery!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Robyn I was so excited when I got on this morning and saw that Little Bit is showing improvement. The prayers are working. I will wait to hear what is happening today with Little Bit. :)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
This morning when I got up it looks like almost all the swelling is gone and she was up as soon as the light went on. I placed a oak lettuce leaf in and some frazee and she started munching down. She seemed like she had more energy. I watched her for quiet a while, then had to get ready for work. when I went back she was still munching away and had finished almost all what I put in for her. Biggie wasn't even up yet so I put down some more and when I left she was sitting in the middle of it still snacking. Biggie was up and eating too. Fingers crossed she is on the road to recovery. Because she is not swollen the shots stop. Deworming does not start for 7 days then she gets 3 days again.
I will be soaking her in my homemade mixture tonight when I get home. Boy it's tuff when you just want to stay home and take care of your sick little one, but have to work instead. Looking foward to retirement someday soon-I hope.

I want to thank you all for your Prayers and good thoughts I am sure they helped her towards the road to recovery. Hoping things will continue to improve.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Crazy1 said:
This morning when I got up it looks like almost all the swelling is gone and she was up as soon as the light went on. I placed a oak lettuce leaf in and some frazee and she started munching down. She seemed like she had more energy. I watched her for quiet a while, then had to get ready for work. when I went back she was still munching away and had finished almost all what I put in for her. Biggie wasn't even up yet so I put down some more and when I left she was sitting in the middle of it still snacking. Biggie was up and eating too. Fingers crossed she is on the road to recovery. Because she is not swollen the shots stop. Deworming does not start for 7 days then she gets 3 days again.
I will be soaking her in my homemade mixture tonight when I get home. Boy it's tuff when you just want to stay home and take care of your sick little one, but have to work instead. Looking foward to retirement someday soon-I hope.

I want to thank you all for your Prayers and good thoughts I am sure they helped her towards the road to recovery. Hoping things will continue to improve.

Robyn I am so happy that Little Big is doing better :D. It must have been really hard for you to go to work this morning... I was wondering, can the vet do a urine culture to know if her kidneys are the problem?

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Hoooray, Robyn!

I'm so tickled that your Lil' Bit seems to be picking up in energy & munching; less swelling is superb too! Oh Yeah! Who sez prayer doesn't work, eh? :D

I can totally understand about when a critter is ill and you have to leave; for the short while I had Saved, my heart went out to him & having to go to school on Wed., just about killed me!
:(
Thanx for the info on those nasty pinworms; bugs in my system (or in any critters system) just seems so yucky to me! And I can imagine that if ones immune system were down, how dangerous they can be!

So glad for this encouraging update!!
Huggs to both of ya!
Purpod

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Isa unforunatly she is so tiny and she had not been urinating so a sample could not be obtained. Sometimes the cure can be as bad as the illness itself and in Lil'Bits case she is just so so tiny.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Crazy1 said:
Isa unforunatly she is so tiny and she had not been urinating so a sample could not be obtained. Sometimes the cure can be as bad as the illness itself and in Lil'Bits case she is just so so tiny.

Ah I see, no urines :(. At least, it looks like the medication is starting to work on Little Bit.
Both of you are in my thoughts.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I am so happy Lil Bit is doing so much better. I'll tell the boys they will be so happy to hear the news. :)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
When I got home this evening Lil' Bit was sleeping in her hide. I picked her up and she opened her eyes and I noted no swelling. I fussed with her unitl she had both eyes open and seemed more alert. I put her down and she went back into her hide. So far so good.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I placed her under the heat lamp when I got up. Once warmed she ate again and she let go and put a nice large round wet spot under her bottom. First time she has we-wee-d since this whole thing started. Yeah (jumping up and down). She ate well this morning and I took some pics which I will post later tonight. Hopefully she is on the road to recovery though she still seems weak and pretty tired. But she is eating and urinating. Now to see some poo. Can't wait---How sick is that when you can't wait to see your tort poo. Just gotta love torts and the people who love them. :)

turtlemom

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Berthoud, Colorado
That is great news, Robyn. I'm so glad you both are feeling better! :) Any ideas on what caused her to get so sick? Do torts get kidney stones and maybe that's why she was so puffy? The change was incredibly quick and it seems like the recovery was pretty quick, too. Just wondering . . .

Donna

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Robyn, I ammm so happy for Little Bit, that is good news.
I can't wait to see the pictures :)

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
Gulf coast, you get the coolist attachments! But the photo of your tort chowing down is the best!

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Lil' Bit is gettin' a Lil' Bit better each day; so glad to hear it... 'specially about those puffy lil' eyeballs ~ she really is adorable, Robbie.

Keep up the xllnt care, as is sure sounds like whatever you're doing, you're doing right!
Continued prayers, Me :p

M

Maggie Cummings

I think we are very lucky that she has turned the corner. Now it's a little better everyday...I am so glad and I know you are thrilled...

Status
Not open for further replies.