Status
Not open for further replies.

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
Ventura County, CA
Yes, Hooooray for Poo!! lol, when she is all better, we should have a Happy Poo Party! So glad to hear she is doing better everytime I check in on ya, Robbie! You two have been fighting this battle for a while now, and we know the strength you both have; keep up the great work, my friend!! It's a tough thing to have to weather thru, but as the ladies have said (and the guys too ;)) we are here for ya, and we look forward to your updates!
Here's hoping the SD Rep Show gave you some pretty critters to enjoy and get your mind off (well, a try anyways) of the worries you have now. Know that we are all proud of you & of the care you are giving Lil Bit, Rob! :cool:

Stay strong, GF, and your baby will too!
Huggs to both of you,
Purpod & Crew

P.S. That was very sweet of your son in law to ask right away; it's always so nice when kindness is given from the heart ~

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I thought I would post an update after the Holiday. Lit Bit is still with us. Thank you for your personal PMs asking about her. She is still hanging on. She seems weaker she doesn't want to eat much, but I bug her until she takes a few bites. If I left her in her pen she would not move much the whole day, so I use Maggies’ advice (Thank you, Maggie). I bug her and tickle her and carry her around, still. She wakes up and seems peeved but I tell her it’s for her own good.

It's pretty hot these days but we manage to spend some time daily in the early evening outside. I am a firm believer the sun is a healing property. We still sit on the swing and I sing to her and talk to her.

My family is getting ready for a Vacation. They are going camping for a week and a half so they all came over Friday to check on Lit Bit. Funny my big strapping Son in law seemed a little afraid to hold her, he said she was just, so little. All the grandkids gave her a finger kiss and told her they would be back soon and that they love her. My daughter has been calling her, her little sister. She and her family have such a soft spot for animals. :).

Well we carry on day by day. Hoping and praying for that miracle.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Robyn,
I am glad to hear that Little Bit is still fighting :). You are both in my thoughts.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Awww such sweet stories. I have a mental image of you on the swing with her! I know what you mean about the member of the family--I think of Trevor like a son and couldn't imagine dealing with what you are going through. Best wishes.

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Heya Robbie ~

Thanx for the update! I, too, believe in the healing properties of the sun and fresh air (well, not so fresh here in So. Cal., but you know what I mean) ~ I'm sorry to hear Lil Bit seems weaker! Dang, it's frustrating, I'd imagine, to keep going back and forth on this emotional rollercoaster! It was great to hear your family is so supportive, my Friend! And yes, tee-hee-hee, the mental pic of you on the swing singing to your lil' babe is a great one... surely, Lil' Bit knows love!

Know that we are all still thinking of ya!
Blessings to all & a safe and fun camping trip for the family!!
:rolleyes: As ever, your purpod pal

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
:( :( It is with great sadness that this update is to inform all those who sent well wishes, thoughts and prayers for Lil’Bit or followed this thread that she passed somtime during the night. And through teary eyes, I can say she suffers no more. I have a necropsy scheduled for tomorrow. Hopefully we will find what caused her passing. When I get those results I will post them here.

Thank you all.
Robyn

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
We are so sorry to hear that, Robyn. This is such a tough thing to go through. Our thoughts are with you.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Sorry to hear Robyn. You gave it your all. <<<hugs>>>

laurun3

5 Year Member
Chicago, IL
I'm really sorry for your loss. Little Bit put up a good fight and you did your best. More than most would do. Hope you feel better.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aw-w, geez, Robyn: I'm so sorry to hear that. Its a hard thing for you to have to endure, but after reading all your posts I can truly say you and Lil' Bit tried your best and fought the good fight!

Yvonne

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Lil Bit will be missed very much Robyn. I'm so sorry that you lost her. I will tell the boys and they are going to be very sad. We all know you tried your best and so did Lil Bit. We'll be waiting to hear the results.

George

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I am so sorry Robyn and 'Little Bit!' I have followed her story from the beginning and thought last night - "I have not read anything on her for a while, hope she's OK?!, if there is nothing this morning, then i will post a thread" I am now very sad to hear the news, tears in my eyes too. You are a wonderful mum for never giving up on her! and she looked like she had a big personality inside that little shell, even when she was unwell! Again I am sorry for you and especially for Little Bit - x

Clementine_3

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Upstate NY
:(
I'm so sorry, poor Little Bit (and you). You did everything possible, and then some, for her...she couldn't have asked for better care or more love.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
O my God Robyn, my Condoleances :( I am soo sorry to hear that. It must be very hard for you. You both did all you could do and even more.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
I'm so sorry to hear the news about Lil' Bit :( You did the best you could for her. It will be good to get the necropsy results.

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.