my Aldabra Buddy was Assaulted!

Mini

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Friendswood
My Buddy was enjoying the sun Friday and some punk guy around age 21 climbed my fence and poured some white liquid on him. Good thing I have survallance cameras! I called the police and made a report. I just happened to be home and washed off Buddy and he's ok. I was so angry and upset... why...

Attached is the youtube video link... ( I hope)

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
what the heck is wrong with people! i hope the cops find this person and put him in jail grrrrr it's stupid stuff like this that makes me not much of a people person and more of a animal lover

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
My goodness, thank goodness for soap and water!

Just a thought, if it is that easy for people to get to him i would be concerned about possible theft or them throwing something more harmful to him to eat, etc.

Mini

5 Year Member
Friendswood
Because Buddy was not damaged, nothing can be done. But I have the punks name and he is on record for this. He doesn't even live behind my house he was visiting the young punk girl that lives there with her dad. The dad apologized profusly to me... I showed him the video on my tv and have it saved. I have worse things to say about them, but bite my tongue.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I cannot believe this.

What are our world become? I firmly believe that your Buddy have bigger brain than this fool......

Mini

5 Year Member
Friendswood
My goodness, thank goodness for soap and water!

Just a thought, if it is that easy for people to get to him i would be concerned about possible theft or them throwing something more harmful to him to eat, etc.

My survelance cameras have motion decectors (night vision) and alarms me in my house. I can also watch via my cell phone. It can record 24/7 for 21 days. I think the father has banned that creep from his house and my gated neighborhood. I will be watching.

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
we humans are slowly "DEVOLVING".... it is really bad that poor animals are at the receiving end of it... :(

Maverick

5 Year Member
Because Buddy was not damaged, nothing can be done. But I have the punks name and he is on record for this. He doesn't even live behind my house he was visiting the young punk girl that lives there with her dad. The dad apologized profusly to me... I showed him the video on my tv and have it saved. I have worse things to say about them, but bite my tongue.

This is just crazy! Not you... but if the police told you they can't do anything that's just insane. The person trepassed on your property and poured something on your pet(I hope you found out what is was). The cop probably just didn't want to do the paperwork. It's animal cruelty in the least and you have it on video. I wonder if they poured acid on your dog if they would have done something. I'm sorry but I would go talk your local prosecutor or whoever to get some charges filed.

Last edited:

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
This is just crazy! Not you... but if the police told you they can't do anything that's just insane. The person trepassed on your property and poured something in your pet(I hope you found out what is was). The cop probably just didn't want to do the paperwork. It's animal cruelty in the least and you have it on video. I wonder if they poured acid on your dog if they would have done something. I'm sorry but I would go talk your local prosecutor or whoever to get some charges filed.

* Well, i would have demanded a written trespass warning from local law enforcement, this is for two reasons: a). The suspect is documented and sets the foundation for criminal charges for trespass after written warning if a second violation occurs, b). provides a good suspect for any further investigation if any further criminal activity occurs!

* That is the best legal and least confrontational option, however my other instincts might have took over! LOL

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I would take the direction Greg gave you, he knows this stuff first hand...I too would have likely snapped and the kid would likely appear to sport the same design followed by some form of black and blue....

Did you find out what the material was that the ahole threw?

DayDreamer

San Juan PR
WHAT?!? why would someone do that... did you find out what the white stuff was? it almost looked like it hit buddy in the face!

Really dont understand people these days... my generation sucks... no respect for anyone or anything...
Glad buddy is okay!! and good for you for not bashing the kids face in dont think i would have been able to resist the urge to had it been me.

Mini

5 Year Member
Friendswood
Not really sure, I washed it off as quick as possible, The punk told the dad it was sour milk, but I touched it and smelled it and it smelled like posion. He climbed up on my 8 foot tall fence to do this. Buddy's water dish next to him (on other side of him) was full.
I thought about talking to someone on the news tv... let them post the video. I did post on my Face Book page also.

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
OMG that breaks my heart! Why would someone do something like that?! What an awful person..... Hope karma bites him hard. I'd do what you want with that video.... Wish law could've done something instead is nothing. :(