New Jumbo Yellow Foots in the collection!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
I picked these guys up at the airport yesterday morning. My friend yet again didnt haved room, and now I understande. Between the 4 of them the box weighed 64 pounds. These guys are monsters compared to what has been available the last 7-8 years. The group consist of 2.2 (2 males and 2 females), 2 males are 16" and one female is 17" and the other female is 14". They are lovin the new greenhouse.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Thanks. Wasnt really looking for anymore, but 500 for the 4 that size is pretty good deal. I think the group should stay at 10 though. Nice even number :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
They do look okay :rolleyes:, okay so much better then just okay. :D

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Jacqui said:

Theyre all nice and shiny. Unlike my others that LOVE to waller in tge mud under the mister system. I swear they move the mulch to get to the mud. :D

Ok gotta get the fans hung in the greenhouse and snap photos for all you that eager to see the finished building.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
tortadise said:
Jacqui said:

Theyre all nice and shiny. Unlike my others that LOVE to waller in tge mud under the mister system. I swear they move the mulch to get to the mud. :D

Ok gotta get the fans hung in the greenhouse and snap photos for all you that eager to see the finished building.

About time you get off your rear end and get something done! :p :D

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Whew, monsters! They look good and congrats Kelly. Goodluck with the greenhouse, we're all excited to see the results!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
thanks, they are doing great, eating and being a typical yellow foot, trying to climb over everything. Love these guys.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Nice yellows!........ them some biggin's ... for sure! :p

Congrads Kelly~:)

mightymizz

5 Year Member
Very Cool! Thanks for sharing, looking forward to more updates on these guys.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Thanks. They are doing awesome. eating, lovin the mister system in the greenhouse. And of course climbing all over the new planted plants. :D

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Northwest FL
LUCKY!!!!! i've been looking for some like those for months now but no one sells them that size that aren't fresh imports. I only have one 14in female but none for sale have been even close to that size. If you ever decide to let them go definitely let me know! :) crongtrats.

yagyujubei

5 Year Member
Amish Country

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
yagyujubei said:
jrcrist4 said:
LUCKY!!!!! i've been looking for some like those for months now but no one sells them that size that aren't fresh imports. I only have one 14in female but none for sale have been even close to that size. If you ever decide to let them go definitely let me know! :) crongtrats.

Maybe you need to look harder:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350356&highlight=yellowfoot

I always laugh when people in the states say its hard to find the tortoise they are looing for try being in canada and only finding state side torts :p but I can say the issues getting one makes it so that only serious buyers own them and not impluse people who have no clue what they are doing

If only it didn't cost an arm and leg to get it across the border

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
yagyujubei said:
jrcrist4 said:

Maybe you need to look harder:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350356&highlight=yellowfoot

Yeah I saw that one a few weeks ago. The thing is I wasnt looking for anymore. They were offered to me, because they didnt have the room. I remember the days at shows when you could pick up 16-18" pairs for $200. Most recent imports are much smaller 10-12". Thought it was cool getting some big ones. I still have a monster compared to these guys.
[/quote]
I always laugh when people in the states say its hard to find the tortoise they are looing for try being in canada and only finding state side torts but I can say the issues getting one makes it so that only serious buyers own them and not impluse people who have no clue what they are doing

If only it didn't cost an arm and leg to get it across the border[/quote]

I here its hard finding torts or any exotic reptile in cananda. Sorry about that.

jrcrist4 said:

Well I do have a good number of males. I will ponder it. The main thing that made me jump on getting these guys, were the two big males. I have a female thats around 18" and none of my other males can breed her because shes so robust. Good luck in finding one, they are out there. If not just hit me up maybe I can forward a male to yah.

Rover15

5 Year Member
ontario canada
Depends on what your call exotic but yes torts are hard I've got lucky and found two people selling yellow footed torts a few hours drive from me just need to wait an other month. Or so to be ready in canada it is illegal to sell less then 3 inches I believe but that could be limited to pet stores

Status
Not open for further replies.