Pic of rescued Jordanian

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
Thought I'd post some pics of the little Jordanian rescue. She is doing really well. Unfortunately her plastron is pretty soft, but she is eating like a pig - so I'm dusting everything well with calcium. I soak her every other day because her urates are still gritty, but they do seem to be softening up. I posted a pic of her with a bonsai tree - thought it was fitting since I had to give up my classes to get her - but she's worth every dime. She's a very happy little tort! :)

Attachments

• Jordanian (Medium).JPG
    Jordanian (Medium).JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 118
  • Jordanian 2 (Medium).JPG
    Jordanian 2 (Medium).JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 89

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
It is a good thing you got her, cause I was tempted to go get her, how big is she?

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
She is cute :)

Does the calcium you are using have D3 also? I would supplement the D3, even if you are using a UV light, for a couple of months until she hardens back up.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Aww glad she's doing better. She is very pretty.

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
I'm glad you're paying lots of attention to calcium, but try not to overdose. Too much calcium will actually soften the bones out. Just dust her food twice a week with calcium and D3 and that'll be all she will need.

I forgot to mention how lucky you are to have such a nice tortoise! :D

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
tortoises101 said:
I'm glad you're paying lots of attention to calcium, but try not to overdose. Too much calcium will actually soften the bones out. Just dust her food twice a week with calcium and D3 and that'll be all she will need.

Where did you find this information? Because a tortoise suffering from MBD needs calcium MUCH more than twice a week.

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
kyryah said:
tortoises101 said:

Where did you find this information? Because a tortoise suffering from MBD needs calcium MUCH more than twice a week.

http://africantortoise.com/pyramiding_in_tortoises.htm

Here is the site where it talks about too much calcium will result in it being leached from the bones.

http://www.tortoisetrust.org/articles/calcium.htm

This is the article where I found out how often to supplement. It says supplement with calcium daily and D3 at least three times a week. Sorry I read it wrong. I hope this hasn't caused too much trouble for anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.