Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello :D! Today was a good day. We went to Kletterwald (forest climb), so there was an area where you put the hook on, hold the line, and then slide down the metal rope. It looked like this: This isn't a photo of me, just clarifying how it's done :p!
CLIMB_UP!_-_Seilrutschen-Abfahrt.jpg

I go down the line no problem. My hand can't catch the line. I face the other side. Moving really quickly toward the stopping point. A tree is located there. I'm moving quickly. I hit the tree. The back of my head is hurt, so is part of my arm. A thought came in mind: "I think I broke my brain" LOL. Then I go eat lunch, and meet a very nice person called Lina , the daughter of a very dear friend of my father's, the day was very good. We are now in Speyer, Germany. I feel very good now!

Looks like fun.............

I may not bust my head open but may pee my pants. Hahahahahaha! ! ! ! !

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi guys. Well, I did it this time. I fell trying to pick up one of my torts, and hit my left side of my chest. Ouch! I'm in the ER now and was just gi en some pain meds. I think I may have cracked a rib or two. I'm just too old for this crap!

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Hi guys. Well, I did it this time. I fell trying to pick up one of my torts, and hit my left side of my chest. Ouch! I'm in the ER now and was just gi en some pain meds. I think I may have cracked a rib or two. I'm just too old for this crap!
Aww, thats sad :( Sending my best wishes from Germany!!!

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Oh no Sylvia!! :(

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
I did.......It was earlier this morning. few page back in this thread.

I'm very up-set because someone's bragging right make this beautiful specimen lost his nature home. No one in China know how to breed Leopard yet so I know this W/C Leopard are not for breeding program. SOmeone in China just have too much money to buy what ever they want. Sad too.
I think she means if you posted somewhere else in the forum. Like maybe in the leopard section, talking about how it might have happened? Post it in the leopard section & see if you can contact the Chinese government agency that is responsible for things like this- we need all torts that are in Africa to stay there :)

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
I think she means if you posted somewhere else in the forum. Like maybe in the leopard section, talking about how it might have happened? Post it in the leopard section & see if you can contact the Chinese government agency that is responsible for things like this- we need all torts that are in Africa to stay there :)
She's saying she'd seen it before, he posted it this morning.

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Plus there isn't much they can do about that sort of thing. Its sad, but its quite the part of economy, it'd be hard to outlaw.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA

OMG!! Sylvia....I'm so sorry to hear that. No age are right or OK to have cracked rib. It is a major OUCH....

Now you really have to take easy. I hope they get you a nice looking Doctor like Mike Rowe. :D:p:D:p:D:p

MichiganFrog

5 Year Member
Northwest Florida
Yes, no more tortoise lifting for Sibi! Sitting here in the ER, I'm thinking we're going to have to start hosing them instead of soaking them...

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Maybe I should.

But Chinese Gov are somehow behind it in some ways. If any Government official are really following their own law. This will not happen.

Greed and corruption.

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Ashley the pic is showing a broken link?

I just realized how much Rosie has grown! Holy cow... Her baby-ish features are gone.

Would upload a picture but says server error.

I wish she had less pyramiding. I keep her humid but not wet and feed a variety of foods as recommended. Hoping once we get her into an outdoor enclosure for 80% of the year it can help prevent more from natural uv and weeds.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Maybe I should.

But Chinese Gov are somehow behind it in some ways. If any Government official are really following their own law. This will not happen.

Greed and corruption.
I'd say at least report it, even though they won't do a thing -just contact them in any way and give all known information. I'm a very cautious person when it comes to the law, so that's why I recommend reporting. Illegal animal trade is part of China' economy, the govermant doesn't really benefit from it (It cannot pose taxes on illegal items), but stopping it is hard to fuel. They have shown some effort though, but they are wayyy behind in animal laws :(

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I'd say at least report it, even though they won't do a thing -just contact them in any way and give all known information. I'm a very cautious person when it comes to the law, so that's why I recommend reporting. Illegal animal trade is part of China' economy, the govermant doesn't really benefit from it (It cannot pose taxes on illegal items), but stopping it is hard to fuel. They have shown some effort though, but they are wayyy behind in animal laws :(
Oh! They do.......Profited big time from it. On the table and/or under the table.

You got caught. They put you behind bars. You have two way to get out. 1. pay the fined. But they set the fined so high that way 2 will be cheaper.

So way 2 is: bribe you way out. One way or the other. they get you (money).

So why risk?? demand.......for bragging right. I have, you don't. I can afford, you can't. I have channel, you don't. This is how it operated.