Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Right now, I am thinking I should go to the bar and have a certain Mexican type drink and tacos...

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I do like their ice tea and often drive into town for it. :)

Unsweetened?? What are so special about it. I never had a good unsweetened ice tea any where before.

JAYGEE

Good evening all, I was wondering if anyone is into saltwater aquariums?

Thats my new hobby, but I have a few questions.uploadfromtaptalk1411513313333.jpg

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Well guys I hope your day is going better than mine. Was leaving school today and the car behind me bumped me... the kid agreed to pay it, but I mean it's just a scuff and maybe it's not even worth the hassle. What would you guys do? It's an '04 car and not getting any newer and the hassle it would be for the slight damage done may not be worth it, and I don't want to be a grump/scrooge like one side of my family! I need some third party advice!

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
How hard did he bump you? How fast was he going? I was rear ended years ago and have problems to this day with a nerve in my neck.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Well guys I hope your day is going better than mine. Was leaving school today and the car behind me bumped me... the kid agreed to pay it, but I mean it's just a scuff and maybe it's not even worth the hassle. What would you guys do? It's an '04 car and not getting any newer and the hassle it would be for the slight damage done may not be worth it, and I don't want to be a grump/scrooge like one side of my family! I need some third party advice!

Cars now a days are not solid frames like the used to be. They are unabody frames which is a bunch of small pieces welded together. This way the car crumples up around you and absorbs all of the energy in a collation. You need to take it to a body shop and have the bumper supports looked at. The bumper may look fine but the little schlock absorbers behind it could be smashed in (it only take a few miles per hour to mess them up, like less than 5 mph). If they are I fact messed up the shock absorption value is gone and if you get hit again, this time harder, you could be more severely hurt because the support system is compromised. You should absolutely take it to a body shop and have it looked at, if the supports are fine and you want to let them off the hook for a scuff then that is very cool of you but if the supports are toasted you need to have it replaced and I would go through their insurance and not let them just pay out of pocket.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
How hard did he bump you? How fast was he going? I was rear ended years ago and have problems to this day with a nerve in my neck.
It was literally no more than 5mph it was the line to exit the parking lot and I guess he was looking the other way as he coasted forward. It was a mild tap on the corner off my driver bumper going outward. I wouldn't even call it rear ended, I mean I'm theory yes that's what it was but it was a tap really. No one was hurt at all

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Cars now a days are not solid frames like the used to be. They are unabody frames which is a bunch of small pieces welded together. This way the car crumples up around you and absorbs all of the energy in a collation. You need to take it to a body shop and have the bumper supports looked at. The bumper may look fine but the little schlock absorbers behind it could be smashed in (it only take a few miles per hour to mess them up, like less than 5 mph). If they are I fact messed up the shock absorption value is gone and if you get hit again, this time harder, you could be more severely hurt because the support system is compromised. You should absolutely take it to a body shop and have it looked at, if the supports are fine and you want to let them off the hook for a scuff then that is very cool of you but if the supports are toasted you need to have it replaced and I would go through their insurance and not let them just pay out of pocket.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)
It went off my rear bumper in the corner going out so it's like there wasn't really impact just scraping. Its hard to explain but I've experienced impact in a pile up in a fiends car and scrape in a hit and run side swipe before. It was much closer to the side swipe. But I know what you mean about the shock absorbers, wouldn't want to get hurt if something happened down the line.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I wish I lived closer I would join you!

Would have been nice. :) Actually, my daughter and her guy showed up unexpectedly. IT was funny because I had really debated calling and inviting them to join me.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Unsweetened?? What are so special about it. I never had a good unsweetened ice tea any where before.

Yep unsweetened, but sometimes I do add the pink stuff. I got hooked on sweet tea out on the road with Jeff, but gave it up.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Yep unsweetened, but sometimes I do add the pink stuff. I got hooked on sweet tea out on the road with Jeff, but gave it up.
Pink stuff are not good. I saw some study from the news channel those thing (artificial sweetner) causing more harm then good.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Pink stuff are not good. I saw some study from the news channel those thing (artificial sweetner) causing more harm then good.

I have read things both ways. I just know of the things I have tried, the pink is the only one I like and It's still probably better for me then having the sweet tea I may be craving (which are the times I use the pink stuff). Good ice tea is normally just fine without anything (or a lemon) as long as it has ice.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I have read things both ways. I just know of the things I have tried, the pink is the only one I like and It's still probably better for me then having the sweet tea I may be craving (which are the times I use the pink stuff). Good ice tea is normally just fine without anything (or a lemon) as long as it has ice.

You are very simple. Good to be simple! Yes, a wedge of lemon looks good and taste good in a ice tea.

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Cornelius Or
One hatched out with many split scutes. We were keeping him as well. I named him, “Kenny". Karen and I left town for a few days, leaving them in the care of a friend. When we returned, Kenny was on his back, and died soon after. It took all I had not to say, “You killed Kenny! You Bast*rd!"
As sad as it is that the little guy died, I busted up laughing at that remark. Naming the other one Timmy cracked me up too.

Luke&Lou