Pretend Chat 2.14

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cornelius Or
I've driven from long beach to Portland and back everyday for the last five days. I usually leave around 5-6 pm and get home around 5-6 am. Needless to say my sleep schedule is all jacked up. I'm ready to just stay home for awhile. Ok all don't with my rant. How is everyone tonight?

Luke&Lou

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I've driven from long beach to Portland and back everyday for the last five days. I usually leave around 5-6 pm and get home around 5-6 am. Needless to say my sleep schedule is all jacked up. I'm ready to just stay home for awhile. Ok all don't with my rant. How is everyone tonight?

Luke&Lou
Not Long Beach, Ca., right?

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
No no, Long Beach Washington. It's still a two hour drive each way. Well it's almost time to head home so I'm gonna go grab a Pepsi for the road, fuel up and head for the hills.

Luke&Lou

Dang, reading your original post it looks like you are making a 12 hour drive every day. I was all like WTH?

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Good morning all :tort:
Definitely should have got a coffee this morning! Thought "ah hey I don't need that" ... LIES!!! its not about caffeine, I drink decaf but its just about drinking it and it being yummy... I think since I used to only drink regular my brain thinks i'm getting caffeine... I wonder if one switched out all our *gross* coffee at work for decaf if people would crash or wouldn't even notice... that would be a fun experiment! :cool:

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Good morning all :tort:
Definitely should have got a coffee this morning! Thought "ah hey I don't need that" ... LIES!!! its not about caffeine, I drink decaf but its just about drinking it and it being yummy... I think since I used to only drink regular my brain thinks i'm getting caffeine... I wonder if one switched out all our *gross* coffee at work for decaf if people would crash or wouldn't even notice... that would be a fun experiment! :cool:
If I was ever given decaf at a café, I'd politely pay with monopoly money...
This is how your experiment would be like:
Employee 1: Ive had 3 cups of this stuff, and it isn't working! :mad:...
Employee 2: I actually sleep at night!
Employee 3: I bring my own coffee.
Oh, and half the employees would have headaches :rolleyes:...

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
If I was ever given decaf at a café, I'd politely pay with monopoly money...
This is how your experiment would be like:
Employee 1: Ive had 3 cups of this stuff, and it isn't working! :mad:...
Employee 2: I actually sleep at night!
Employee 3: I bring my own coffee.
Oh, and half the employees would have headaches :rolleyes:...
Hahaha I was going to ask how you'd know it was decaf to know to pay with monopoly money but I know there's a slight taste difference (which would be what foiled my experiment lol) I can imagine the looks on the café workers faces after handing them monopoly money :D
I feel like one department specifically (not mentioning any names lol) would be asleep on their desks. I thought about the headache thing though since it happens to my mum... which is actually one of the main reasons I drink decaf, I don't need the caffeine so only get regular when I really need it, I'd rather not get addicted already :rolleyes: I mean we know it'll probably happen eventually, might as well postpone it

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Hahaha I was going to ask how you'd know it was decaf to know to pay with monopoly money but I know there's a slight taste difference (which would be what foiled my experiment lol) I can imagine the looks on the café workers faces after handing them monopoly money :D
Caffeine rush. I only drink coffee when I'm tired...

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Caffeine rush. I only drink coffee when I'm tired...
More reasons for decaf. If I have regular then sit around at my desk all day all the energy comes out when I get home involving screaming/very loud conversations at Nank... I think he wants a new roommate when that happens:oops:

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
More reasons for decaf. If I have regular then sit around at my desk all day all the energy comes out when I get home involving screaming/very loud conversations at Nank... I think he wants a new roommate when that happens:oops:
Run maybe? I can rehome Nank if you'd like :rolleyes:.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

Luke&Lou

Why?