Pretend Chat 2.14

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
So I'm about an hour away from completing the new heated house for the outdoor kids. Then it's paint and drag it out in the pen.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
How so very wrong you are, being old is the best time in life.
I'm not finding that to be true. I wish I was.

I am 4 years away from turning half a century. Is that old enough to decide that being young (not child young, though) was so much better?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I hear ya. Karen and I are trying not to make any audio noise when we get up off the couch or chair. It's ok to say aw if no one is around, but when others are around, well you know, standing up kinda hurts sometimes.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I'm pretty sure my moans and groans when getting up are completely involuntary. :0/
#haggard

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
So I'm about an hour away from completing the new heated house for the outdoor kids. Then it's paint and drag it out in the pen.
I've been putting off finishing it I think because of how much I've enjoyed building it and coming up with new ideas for it.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I'm pretty sure my moans and groans when getting up are completely involuntary. :0/
#haggard
Well ours aren't on purpose! It just happens. Get up to go have a smoke, groan. Crawl around on my knees in the barn building things, moan when strengthening up…try stopping them though. That makes it fun.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Well ours aren't on purpose! It just happens. Get up to go have a smoke, groan. Crawl around on my knees in the barn building things, moan when strengthening up…try stopping them though. That makes it fun.
The lower back is the worst.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Me it's lower back right hip. Heck, some days it seems to me I'm dragging my leg along for company and not as part of a system of transportation. We certainly pay for what we did in our youth…

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Then there's the “pain au jur". I'm gonna stop now. I'm p¡ssing myself off whining so much. I'm gonna have to go slap myself and tell me to man up!

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Me it's lower back right hip. Heck, some days it seems to me I'm dragging my leg along for company and not as part of a system of transportation. We certainly pay for what we did in our youth…
all my problems are on my right side. In my twenties I was rear ended and got a bulging disk in my neck. Ever since my entire right side gives me problems. neck, shoulder, hip, knee, leg. It's all connected I guess. And of course it gets worse as the years go on. then of course you can't forget the arthritis I have in almost all my fingers now!!

But honestly, when I said getting old is not better than being young I was not talking about this kind of stuff. I was talking about the mistakes I've made - big ones. That I wish I could go back and change.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I'm not finding that to be true. I wish I was.

I am 4 years away from turning half a century. Is that old enough to decide that being young (not child young, though) was so much better?
It's worse in your 40's. Because, I think, 50 is preprogrammed as getting old.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Hahaha…no. At least when I was in my forties I figured, why am I hurtin? Then 50 rolled around and I realized everyone my age was feeling the same as me.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Hahaha…no. At least when I was in my forties I figured, why am I hurtin? Then 50 rolled around and I realized everyone my age was feeling the same as me.
oh.....lol. yeah, once you hit 50 I guess you figure you're supposed to hurt. In your 40's you are still resisting it, like you haven't accepted getting older.

Telid

5 Year Member
TX
And the big fancy houses for the good goodies!
I had full sized candy bars from costco, a carved and lit pumpkin, and the girlfriend even had posters up outside. I think my area just sucks...

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I recently watched a movie called, “All is Lost" staring Robert Redford and it suddenly dawned on me that he was oldish when I was in my 20's yet he still seems ok. Then I remembered the working for a living part of life and realized he and I have had completely different lifestyles as adults.