Pretend Chat 2.14

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
My UV filter is kicking butt ! You can see my gold fish now . That's Tuck on the log .Nip is shy .

That's great news!! Your guy is not shy at all! Mine jumps as soon as he sees me but comes right back up to check me out. How old is yours?

Myroli

Hi and thanks the advice.

Pics, TV, the net, you name have not done any good whatsoever. I know that they are pics, and far from reaching me so as to say, but (no offence Myroli) this was no cure. On the other hand if I were to see a dog in the street I'd begin to tremble with fear.
I'm sorry :/ can you have a cat? Or some other pet to cuddle with?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I'm sorry :/ can you have a cat? Or some other pet to cuddle with?
Hi Myroli, hope you're fine, and many thanks your understanding :) Appreciate it.

I thought of cat as torts do not like to be cuddled. I LOVE my tort, but torts I think only run for food. One cannot cuddle them, play around with them like ome can do with dogs and cats. As for getting a cat, well, I don't want it to annoy my beloved tort. I take my tort out for walks when it's sunny and I've noticed that it does somewhat get frightened when it sees a cat. So I've decided not to take that risk. Do you agree with me here?

Myroli

Hi Myroli, hope you're fine, and many thanks your understanding :) Appreciate it.

I thought of cat as torts do not like to be cuddled. I LOVE my tort, but torts I think only run for food. One cannot cuddle them, play around with them like ome can do with dogs and cats. As for getting a cat, well, I don't want it to annoy my beloved tort. I take my tort out for walks when it's sunny and I've noticed that it does somewhat get frightened when it sees a cat. So I've decided not to take that risk. Do you agree with me here?
Yeah, you wouldn't want him to get stressed or anything, though maybe if you get a kitten it can get used to your tort and maybe learn to stay away from it. But since cats are near impossible to train I think you're making a good decision :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

Hi, Gillian.
I agree, if you don't mind me interrupting.
Although Tidgy likes to sit on my lap and likes her head stroked and neck rubbed, she doesn't like cuddles.
Tidgy is very curious about cats but I don't let them get too near.
I wouldn't have a cat now, though I like them, it wouldn't be fair on either of them.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Wow, we got a 1/2 inch of snow in our local mtn about 30 minutes from me!! Crazy weather!

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
My 5th grader is watching the hygiene video today and they are going to talk about things like wet dreams and other things I don't even know if I'm allowed to mention but you get the picture. I'm not ready for this!
In high school I had a teacher ask the question "what kind of dreams are the best" apparently 'wet ones' was not the correct answer. He was looking for the answer... Dreams in color, specifically the color red. I got detention for that one and I wasn't even trying to be a smart ***, I thought it was a legitimate answer.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
In high school I had a teacher ask the question "what kind of dreams are the best" apparently 'wet ones' was not the correct answer. He was looking for the answer... Dreams in color, specifically the color red. I got detention for that one and I wasn't even trying to be a smart ***, I thought it was a legitimate answer.

LOL!!! Ooops!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hi, Gillian.
I agree, if you don't mind me interrupting.
Although Tidgy likes to sit on my lap and likes her head stroked and neck rubbed, she doesn't like cuddles.
Tidgy is very curious about cats but I don't let them get too near.
I wouldn't have a cat now, though I like them, it wouldn't be fair on either of them.
Good evening Adam. Of course I don't mind your interrupting....I'm always glad to hear from you, although you sometimes look for TROUBLE! (Only joking).

That's the decision I've taken: no cat now. I am not a risk taker especially when it come to something as dear as my beloved...OLI.

What of a bird? I'd like your advice hear. Thank you.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
It was
i hate it when teachers only accept the answer they want, even when others are perfectly valid.
Though i can see why this provoked a negative response, I suppose.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
So lazy today! I planted pumpkin seeds from last years pumpkins and now drinking my 2nd coffee and eating a tortilla for breakfast. I love rainy days!!!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Good evening Adam. Of course I don't mind your interrupting....I'm always glad to hear from you, although you sometimes look for TROUBLE! (Only joking).

That's the decision I've taken: no cat now. I am not a risk taker especially when it come to something as dear as my beloved...OLI.

What of a bird? I'd like your advice hear. Thank you.
Birds should be fine, but I always feel they should be free.
I hate seeing birds in small cages, personally, but if you've got enough space, should be ok.
I like TROUBLE.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
He was looking for the answer... Dreams in color, specifically the color red. I got detention for that one and I wasn't even trying to be a smart ***, I thought it was a legitimate answer.
That's the problem with the political correctness in today's world, detention for not saying color, like saying wet dream in cracker would have been better?

smarch

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
That's the problem with the political correctness in today's world, detention for not saying color, like saying wet dream in cracker would have been better?
My take has always been screw being politically correct, if I offend someone I'll apologize and say I didn't mean to offend... Now if I was running my mouth trying to offend or be a smart butt that would be different.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I always had a problem with saying what's on my mind . In school it go me in trouble a lot . My wife says I have no filter between my brain and mouth . Like me or not I will tell you what I'm thinking . haha Wet dreams are the best kind . Not so much waking up all alone . Having a wife right next to you is awesome or a girlfriend . hahaha

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I always had a problem with saying what's on my mind . In school it go me in trouble a lot . My wife says I have no filter between my brain and mouth . Like me or not I will tell you what I'm thinking . haha Wet dreams are the best kind . Not so much waking up all alone . Having a wife right next to you is awesome or a girlfriend . hahaha

Tru Dat!!