Pretend Chat 2.14

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Today is the anniversary of the day that I was adopted by Lola!
A whole year and in spite of less than perfect husbandry - touch wood - he is growing and thriving!
Thank you to everyone here for their advice and support.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Hi
Seems pretty quiet here at the moment
Are you feeling better?
On and off, I'm better. Still struggling with neck pain.

I have to suck it up because my middle kiddo, the swimmer, had try outs tomorrow morning for the big city team. It's a tough try out too, especially for someone so new to competitive swim.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
On and off, I'm better. Still struggling with neck pain.

I have to suck it up because my middle kiddo, the swimmer, had try outs tomorrow morning for the big city team. It's a tough try out too, especially for someone so new to competitive swim.
Mums don't have time to be ill, but take care with it.
Good luck for the try outs.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
As you all know, I don't have a cell phone. So now my land line phone is not charging. It reads "charge for 7 hours" and just flashes when I sit it on the base. I've taken emory paper to the contacts, but it just doesn't make the connection. Yesterday I ordered a new phone from Amazon, but it's not here yet, and when it does get here, I'll have to charge it for 8 hours or so before I can use it. One doesn't realize how much one depends upon their phone until one doesn't have the use of it anymore. Even so, it's just not worth the monthly fee for me to get a cell phone that I don't use.

I still have a really old phone in the kitchen that doesn't have caller I.D. or anything like that, so when the vet calls me tomorrow if I'm in the house, I'll still be able to take his call.

I'm a fossil.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
As you all know, I don't have a cell phone. So now my land line phone is not charging. It reads "charge for 7 hours" and just flashes when I sit it on the base. I've taken emory paper to the contacts, but it just doesn't make the connection. Yesterday I ordered a new phone from Amazon, but it's not here yet, and when it does get here, I'll have to charge it for 8 hours or so before I can use it. One doesn't realize how much one depends upon their phone until one doesn't have the use of it anymore. Even so, it's just not worth the monthly fee for me to get a cell phone that I don't use.

I still have a really old phone in the kitchen that doesn't have caller I.D. or anything like that, so when the vet calls me tomorrow if I'm in the house, I'll still be able to take his call.

I'm a fossil.
Nah, cell phone bills are almost ridiculous...
You could get a tracfone? How much do you use your phone to call? You buy 'minutes' for a tracfone, (25min for 25$) and you could get a flip phone :D

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Nah, cell phone bills are almost ridiculous...
You could get a tracfone? How much do you use your phone to call? You buy 'minutes' for a tracfone, (25min for 25$) and you could get a flip phone :D

Do they have Tracfones that you just buy minutes? I have a Tracfone that I never use that I have to buy service days for as well as minutes.