Pretend Chat 2.14

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Good morning coming from my not enough sleep scratchy voice.
Packing up and heading out to a soccer tournament for my son soon!
Way to early for me!
Good luck to his team!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
erm...I believe she's going to know, when she comes home and he automatically jumps up there at night.

I have to stay in the house today to listen for the phone. I'm expecting the vet to call. So I guess today is housework day. UGH! I hate housework. My house is neat and picked up, however, it's VERY dirty!! I think what I'm going to do today is find a place for everything and put it all away. That way it will be easy to dust and vacuum without having to move anything. I gave my sister all my turtle and tortoise figurines a couple years ago, so no dusting in that area.

What do all of you have planned for today? I know Kathy is going to some sort of sport function. I imagine Sarah will be playing in the mud. Kevin is enjoying his time alone with the dog. Steven is probably sitting around in his jammies while Irene takes care of all the animals. Jacqui is outside because that's what she loves. We haven't heard from Mike in a while, so I don't know what on earth he'll do today. Monica will more than likely be doing something with the kids. I know what Delaney WON'T be doing. She won't be working on our cartoon pictures. She seems to have let that drop by the wayside. Little Nicky Poo will be trying hard to stay off the Forum. I've tried to come up with all the rest of you, however, all this thinking has made smoke come out my ears, so I have to let it go for now.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Here is part of the explanation for why I like real country and not pop country music …ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1437238306.957250.jpgnot to random, right?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
...oh, and how could I have forgotten Ken - Ken is going to be drinking sour beer today!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
As you all know, I don't have a cell phone. So now my land line phone is not charging. It reads "charge for 7 hours" and just flashes when I sit it on the base. I've taken emory paper to the contacts, but it just doesn't make the connection. Yesterday I ordered a new phone from Amazon, but it's not here yet, and when it does get here, I'll have to charge it for 8 hours or so before I can use it. One doesn't realize how much one depends upon their phone until one doesn't have the use of it anymore. Even so, it's just not worth the monthly fee for me to get a cell phone that I don't use.

I still have a really old phone in the kitchen that doesn't have caller I.D. or anything like that, so when the vet calls me tomorrow if I'm in the house, I'll still be able to take his call.

I'm a fossil.
It could just be that your rechargeable batteries in the phone need replacing.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
It could just be that your rechargeable batteries in the phone need replacing.
Those batteries pack are not cheap, it goes from $29.99 and up to $40 some dollar. I replaced one before, but failed to recharge after just about one year. So a replacement set with two phone made by Philips at $49.99 sounds a good solution.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Those batteries pack are not cheap, it goes from $29.99 and up to $40 some dollar. I replaced one before, but failed to recharge after just about one year. So a replacement set with two phone made by Philips at $49.99 sounds a good solution.
You're right Steven it is not easy to find the right sort of batteries either, depends what they are - Ni Cad or NiMh etc

JohnnyB65

Southern CA High Desert
I’m Sooo excited! It is supposed to rain anytime now and I have already felt a few sprinkles. :D

I set about 15 buckets around the yard and 4 large plastic garbage cans under some gutters I installed to collect water from my roofs. I have never tried the buckets before and only thought of it this morning so it will be interesting to see how much they actually collect.