Pretend Chat 2.14

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
As you all know, I don't have a cell phone. So now my land line phone is not charging. It reads "charge for 7 hours" and just flashes when I sit it on the base. I've taken emory paper to the contacts, but it just doesn't make the connection. Yesterday I ordered a new phone from Amazon, but it's not here yet, and when it does get here, I'll have to charge it for 8 hours or so before I can use it. One doesn't realize how much one depends upon their phone until one doesn't have the use of it anymore. Even so, it's just not worth the monthly fee for me to get a cell phone that I don't use.

I still have a really old phone in the kitchen that doesn't have caller I.D. or anything like that, so when the vet calls me tomorrow if I'm in the house, I'll still be able to take his call.

I'm a fossil.
I was also the last person I know to buy a smart phone and I've got to tell you that soon after getting one, I'm not sure how I ever lived without it.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Something I just don't like at all. Something fantastic takes place and the rest of the day so doesn't measure up to it.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
As you all know, I don't have a cell phone. So now my land line phone is not charging. It reads "charge for 7 hours" and just flashes when I sit it on the base. I've taken emory paper to the contacts, but it just doesn't make the connection. Yesterday I ordered a new phone from Amazon, but it's not here yet, and when it does get here, I'll have to charge it for 8 hours or so before I can use it. One doesn't realize how much one depends upon their phone until one doesn't have the use of it anymore. Even so, it's just not worth the monthly fee for me to get a cell phone that I don't use.

I still have a really old phone in the kitchen that doesn't have caller I.D. or anything like that, so when the vet calls me tomorrow if I'm in the house, I'll still be able to take his call.

I'm a fossil.
Fossil's are cool.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Hello. It has not been a good week for pets around my house. Tonight I got home and my dog had licked chewed a hot spot and little holes in her left groin and leg area. Took her to the vet and they think she also tore her ACL on that leg. She has hip dysplasia Andrea arthritis throughout her body so the poor dog doesn't have a leg to stand on tonight. She doesn't want to put that leg down. Of course this all happened after hours so there's the $150 fee on top of the regular vet bill. My animals never get sick or injured 8 to 5. She's now on increased pain meds, antibiotics, and a spray to keep her from chewing on that area anymore and to decrease the inflammation and treat the wounds. She hates the funnel they have on her head. Here she is looking pitiful.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1437194384.421635.jpg
I had to carry her up my front stairs, thank God she's not a St. Bernard :)

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello. It has not been a good week for pets around my house. Tonight I got home and my dog had licked chewed a hot spot and little holes in her left groin and leg area. Took her to the vet and they think she also tore her ACL on that leg. She has hip dysplasia Andrea arthritis throughout her body so the poor dog doesn't have a leg to stand on tonight. She doesn't want to put that leg down. Of course this all happened after hours so there's the $150 fee on top of the regular vet bill. My animals never get sick or injured 8 to 5. She's now on increased pain meds, antibiotics, and a spray to keep her from chewing on that area anymore and to decrease the inflammation and treat the wounds. She hates the funnel they have on her head. Here she is looking pitiful.View attachment 139609
I had to carry her up my front stairs, thank God she's not a St. Bernard :)
Poor doggie.
And poor you.
She does look rather sad.
Hope feels better soon.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
They definitely do, she keeps running into things. Or she gets caught into tight of a space. Her leg won't let her turn around or walk backwards. So I keep blocking off places and she's not very happy about it.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I was also the last person I know to buy a smart phone and I've got to tell you that soon after getting one, I'm not sure how I ever lived without it.
Totally agree. I never understood what the big deal is. Now if I leave it at home when I go to work I feel lost all day without it. That is sort of pitiful I know.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Happy Friday, indeed! I'm waiting to hear back from a vet who can come do an X-Ray of SO's front leg. The vet is booked up for a week and a half, but they're trying to squeeze me in. Hopefully this afternoon. When big tortoises don't move, their indoor plumbing shuts down. It can be a very big problem for them. And SO hasn't ventured out of the shed now in about a week. (The picture you saw of the mud hole was about a month old) At first I left him alone hoping he'd get hungry or thirsty and come out. He did come out a time or two, but when he realized he couldn't support himself on his front leg, he went back inside. So I've been feeding and watering him in the shed.
I'm sorry to hear about your tortoise. I'm not having a good pet week either. I hope it's nothing serious. I haven't been following this thread very closely lately so I might have missed if you talked about this before. Please keep us updated on how it goes.