Pretend Chat 2.14

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
I’m Sooo excited! It is supposed to rain anytime now and I have already felt a few sprinkles. :D

I set about 15 buckets around the yard and 4 large plastic garbage cans under some gutters I installed to collect water from my roofs. I have never tried the buckets before and only thought of it this morning so it will be interesting to see how much they actually collect.
I have similar setup also. My mother in-law use collected water to water all her garden for couple days after the rain.

California are terrible this year. I like to save every drop also. May what Dolores still have can produce something for you.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
In our local small paper I read that our city which is kinda small dumped 500,000 gallons of clean drinking water because we conserved too much and it would cost to much to truck it back to our reservoir and retreat! There are some angry people!!

Still at the soccer field for our 2nd game and it has pour with lightning and thunder all morning!! We have been delayed because of the lightning! It was scary!

JohnnyB65

Southern CA High Desert
I just remembered that had 3 more garbage cans that I use for recycling and put them out to collect as much water as I can from my garage roof. I need to put in a gutter as soon as I can for that side of the roof.

So my wife and I were running around the street in the rain getting soaked and having a ball. Some of the neighbors came out to join us but most were just looking at us like we are crazy from inside their windows. LOL

We started to get a little cold after getting soaked and decide to come in especially after we heard lighting.

JohnnyB65

Southern CA High Desert
In our local small paper I read that our city which is kinda small dumped 500,000 gallons of clean drinking water because we conserved too much and it would cost to much to truck it back to our reservoir and retreat! There are some angry people!!
I would be upset about that myself. I have read a lot about water mains in Los Angles breaking and flooding streets. I wish I had a large pump truck to collect as much of that as I could and I don’t know why nobody else has thought of it.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona

Still at the soccer field for our 2nd game and it has pour with lightning and thunder all morning!! We have been delayed because of the lightning! It was scary!
They say it'll cost too much now, but what about when people start buying buying bottled water to flush their toilets? That will certainly be expensive.

JohnnyB65

Southern CA High Desert
My tortoise is also enjoying rain. It doesn’t seem to bother him while he’s eating.

DSCN1970_1_zpsxtfe2qcz.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Those batteries pack are not cheap, it goes from $29.99 and up to $40 some dollar. I replaced one before, but failed to recharge after just about one year. So a replacement set with two phone made by Philips at $49.99 sounds a good solution.

Yeah. When I bought the phone many years ago, it was actually two phones and two charge stations. I never used the second one and eventually put it away. So when the one I do use started acting up I brought out the other phone and charged it up. It only lasted about a week and now both phones won't charge. I figured at $39.95 I could get a new phone and not have to worry about batteries for a while.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I’m Sooo excited! It is supposed to rain anytime now and I have already felt a few sprinkles. :D

I set about 15 buckets around the yard and 4 large plastic garbage cans under some gutters I installed to collect water from my roofs. I have never tried the buckets before and only thought of it this morning so it will be interesting to see how much they actually collect.

Oh man...you're setting it up for failure. You know, of course, that now you're prepared it's only going to sprinkle.