Pretend Chat 2.14

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
Did some work for my mom today. Painted the ceiling after the drywall patch was done.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1437256816.216473.jpg

Then decided... What the hell, might as well paint a few more things.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1437256850.519162.jpg

Crap!!! Forgot the paint can was on top of the ladder and moved the ladder. I wanted to clean a few drip marks on the floor under the ladder. That was my stupid moment of the week.

JohnnyB65

Southern CA High Desert
Oh man...you're setting it up for failure. You know, of course, that now you're prepared it's only going to sprinkle.
I was only able to collect 50 gals even with my best efforts on such short notice. I could have gotten more if I had used a tarp with a hole in the center of it, but it probably isn't worth the effort.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Did some work for my mom today. Painted the ceiling after the drywall patch was done.
View attachment 139719

Then decided... What the hell, might as well paint a few more things.

View attachment 139720

Crap!!! Forgot the paint can was on top of the ladder and moved the ladder. I wanted to clean a few drip marks on the floor under the ladder. That was my stupid moment of the week.
Oh man! That sucks. That is probably something I would do. Did you get to it fast enough to get it off the wood cabinet?

JohnnyB65

Southern CA High Desert
I don't even know where to start with this mess.
That reminds me of a time when my wife and I were painting. The walls were 12 ft high and I had to use a long extension on the roller so i had the paint tray on the floor. We were moving right along when my wife stepped in the tray splashing paint everywhere.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
That reminds me of a time when my wife and I were painting. The walls were 12 ft high and I had to use a long extension on the roller so i had the paint tray on the floor. we were moving right along when my wife stepped in the tray splashing paint every where.
I am a very messy painter too and switched to using trays of solid paint in an attempt to save myself a cleaning job.
I stood on a ladder and all was going well until suddenly I heard a flobby, schlurpy sound and looked down to see that the block of paint had slid out of the tray all the way down the ladder and the front of me and what was left was just a blob on the floor.
Back to the tins!

Last edited:

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I'm not heading over to find out. I'm sitting at a outdoor cafe over the creek in town. Looks like the smoke has been knocked down. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1437261004.825398.jpg

JohnnyB65

Southern CA High Desert
OMG we have a down pour and I have already filled 6 garbage cans full of water. I’m heading out to buy more. :)

DSCN1971_1_zps8fryh7p0.jpg

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
We got a ton too! We were going to get rain barrels but thought the rains were over for now! I'm jealous you captured so much rain!!

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
I'm so pissed off at my wife right now I'm not even going to call her back because if info I just might tell her not to come home from vacation.

They're in Arizona and my wife's brother is a tattoo "artist". He's not very good because he's just learning. Melissa said she was going to let my 16 year old step daughter get a small tattoo while there were there and I told he I thought that was a horrible idea but was pretty much told to mind my own business, her kid her decision. I told my wife to not let her get it somewhere she'll regret latter, to get a small heart on her foot or something.

Nope..... She let her get a huge one that take up half her rib cage. I don't even know what to do, out marriage has been in the tank for a while and her lack of judgement pissed me off more than anything. I'm seriously thinking of flying out there just to get my two kids and coming back home.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Wow. That's too bad that your wife let her do that. But it is her kid as you put it. Now if one of your kids comes home with a tattoo then I think you have a right to go ballistic, at least a little bit. I don't have kids so I know nothing, but my parents were divorced and I have a stepsister so that gives me a little insight. We were all basically teenagers whatever parents got together so there was no issues with one trying to tell the other person's kid what to do. I'm sure they will both regret it soon enough.