Pretend Chat 2.14

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
My gut reaction would be no, they cannot. But if that's what's happening, I suggest you get a legal opinion from someone in your town that you trust.

@Jacqui : Did you receive the private message I sent you this a.m.?

My village is looking at several options. The filter is the cheapest one, but I can see the government in a year deciding that is not enough.

Yes to the other question, I did get it.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Adult cats become such kittens with dried leaves blowing across the pavement. :rolleyes:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes, the cooler weather brings out the kitten in them! I notice appetites have improved too.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
One of my mighty huntresses just caught herself a tasty grasshopper.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I got to wondering as I sit here, with all the laws that stop folks from being able to enter your home, even law officers having to have valid reasons... can a city force you to let them put in a filter under your sink and then allow them to change filters as needed? Reasoning being the water being high in nitrates.
my first thought is no they may lie to you and say they can tell them to go pound sand

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My village is looking at several options. The filter is the cheapest one, but I can see the government in a year deciding that is not enough.

Yes to the other question, I did get it.

The city has access to the turn-off valve at the street. If they want to filter the water or do any kind of testing, tell them to do it beyond your property line.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
The city has access to the turn-off valve at the street. If they want to filter the water or do any kind of testing, tell them to do it beyond your property line.

Personally I think that is where it should be done. Otherwise not all of my water Ius "safe". Not to mention I see it as invasion of my privacy and what if one of my animals bites them?

They have several options they are looking at, this one is just the cheapest one.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...

It is the entire village's problem. Our well is very old and now nitrates are leaking in. The well is cracked with lots of roots invading it.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
My redfoots love me. :rolleyes: I just feed them a bunch of plantain (the fruit).

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
@smarch was a decision ever reached on your possible move?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
It is the entire village's problem. Our well is very old and now nitrates are leaking in. The well is cracked with lots of roots invading it.
Jacqui, for town folks that don't deal with any water issue other than turning on the tap, I have a love/hate relationship explaining to them what a "bad well" is and why you can't just send an email or make a phone call and it's fixed. With our house setup on a short sale due to dry well issues and we are trying to get by on 2 wells that combined don't equal 3gallons a minute, I feel your pain. One of the two we are on only puts out 3/4 of a gallon during the good months. As usual, folks decide I just need better education and suggest I just need to deepen the well,(quickly shutting up when I mention the good well is better than 500' already) or they casually say just dig a new well. I point out that we're on two producing wells out of a total 9 wells dug, and then they fully understand. We've lived here 7-8 years, and every summer but one the wells suck air and not water. At least each summer the wells comeback but this year may me different, they've never stopped so soon. All grim, but at least we understand it.