Pretend Chat 2.14

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
For those wanting it, here is a link to follow that will magically connect you to my"Truck Wreck" photo album. It's open source, which means you're free to post comments about individual photos if you'd like. Please keep in mind that my whole family and many PG rated friends have joined the thread and I'd appreciate the respect due them. PM me after and let me know one way or the other. Of the 20+ pictures, only 4 are of me and I have zero active memory of them taken.

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0cJtdOXm0qd0e4

Last edited:

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
It has an egg tooth but there seems to be a lower jaw issue. It might be minor, but it's so tiny, it's hard to tell for certain.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Let me see if I can do some zooming in as well as share some other angles.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
You can see a little bit of his tongue. ???

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I see it now. This could be simple genetics gone wrong. Remember you have a 100% hatch rate, likely unheard of in the real world. Remember the sulcata hatchling I had that hatched with no eyes or even eye dents. It seemed as if it was doing fine. Fed fine, though not as well as its siblings and eventually passed away on its own. Not trying to bring you down at all, just reminding. And I know the type of mom you are; it won't be luckier.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
I see it now. This could be simple genetics gone wrong. Remember you have a 100% hatch rate, likely unheard of in the real world. Remember the sulcata hatchling I had that hatched with no eyes or even eye dents. It seemed as if it was doing fine. Fed fine, though not as well as its siblings and eventually passed away on its own. Not trying to bring you down at all, just reminding. And I know the type of mom you are; it won't be luckier.
I didn't realize she passed. My memory kind of sucks sometimes so I may have read it at some point and it didn't stick. I know these things happen but I sure hope it's minor and it does ok. Losing one will be a big kick in the heart, even if it's a weak genetics baby with less of a chance.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I find the final picture with his young out the corner to be adorable. You could pick a good, politically incorrect name for this little one. You could name it Cowboy Ken from as well as my brain isn't functioning properly as of lately.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
It took him A LOT longer to open his eyes than any of the others. I've been concerned about this one even before it pipped, since it was a slow baker.